Chapter 17

To Luhan's disappointment, Sehun didn't go to school the next day. Or the rest of the week. Worry creeped up into his brain as he was told by Sehun's friends that they had no inkling as to where he was either. It was as if Sehun just vanished from the face of the earth, not leaving any clues indicating where he would be. Luhan just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry as Friday morning came around. 

And that's what he did. Luhan finally gave up on the hope that Sehun would come to school and just skipped all together. So, Luhan spent the day wallowing in his sorrow, and returning hate for the missing boy for making him feel this way.

"Sehun said he had a good reason." Luhan mumbled to himself, reminding his broken heart as to why it shouldn't go back to despising his old enemy.

After Sehun left, Luhan's energy drink addiction got worse. It went from consuming almost half a pack on a regular day, to consuming a whole pack. Good thing his parents, who were in a different country doing business, made good money with their occupation, or Luhan would've been broke due to his addiction.

This was never a good idea, but at least Luhan wouldn't have school related repercussions the next day as it was a Friday and Saturdays were days of no-school happiness. So, the depressed boy stayed up all night, getting more bored as the night went on.

"You need to do something, Luhan." Trying to motivate himself, Luhan spoke to his reflection in the mirror. "It may be 2:00 am, but that doesn't mean you can't go for a walk, right?"

His heart hurt once more remembering what happened the last time he went on a walk to the park. Although sad, Luhan almost smiled at the memory of Sehun saving him from the three drunk men, and then proceeding to walk him home, like the gentleman he was, even though he wouldn't admit it.
Maybe something good would happen during this adventure to the park? With that in mind, Luhan coaxed himself out if the house the first time that day, still hyped up on the abundant amount of energy drinks he irresponsibly consumed earlier in the day.

Luhan was pretty tense on the walk, alert the whole time as he watched for any signs of danger. He really didn't want to be chased again, and he would be sure that it wouldn't happen. So, using all of his resources around him-like the very few lights that were lit at that time of night-to detect danger, Luhan safety made it to the park.

He decided to go on the swings again, for his swing time was interrupted the time before.
Luhan tried to have fun, he really did, but fun couldn't happen when his heart and brain were crying out for the sight of Sehun. Even the mere sight of the lost boy would settle Luhan's emotions. What was he going to do with the pestering thoughts of Sehun that kept attacking his mind?

Luhan's thoughts were interrupted by a noise. It was quiet, but Luhan's extremely alert ears could pick it up. By the way it sounded, Luhan assumed it was the quiet sob of another person. He needed to investigate, just in case it would be a threat to him, or a person in need of his assistance.

The quiet sobs became louder as he neared the slide cautiously. Luhan gulped before looking under the slide.

He found a horrifying sight.

Sehun sat under the slide. While this should've sent Luhan into a wave of excitement, the state the younger boy was no exciting matter. Cuts decorated the exposed skin that Sehun's ripped shirt displayed. His eyes were black and blue, tears flowing from them and traversing down his slightly swollen cheeks. Bruises also were on Sehun's skin, many different colors of different shades.
Luhan couldn't speak for a moment. He wanted to cry, throw up, and punch something at the same time.

When he got back to his senses, Luhan practically ran to the sobbing boy under the slide, holding him in his arms as soon as he got near.

Sehun did not react as he expected.

I Hate You (Hunhan)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara