Chapter 8

Luhan still didn't want to accept it. He refused to believe that he was falling for the boy that he had hated for so long. How could this happen? Why him?

Because of his inability to accept his feelings, Luhan ended up avoiding Sehun all week. Of course, he couldn't avoid study hall, but he found a way to avoid Sehun even then. He just didn't talk to him. In fact, the only time Luhan had talked to Sehun that entire week was when they did their Romeo and Juliet project, which was awkward as all hell.

Sehun was pretty sick of Luhan's shit. The older boy couldn't run from the truth forever. How come Sehun could accept it, but not Luhan? It was bugging the younger boy, and he wanted it to end. He wanted Luhan to stop hating him, and to start accepting the fact that, over a week of study hall, they had fallen.

Sehun knew that the only way they could sort things out was by talking, but Luhan wasn't talking to him. He wasn't even making eye contact. After a while of thinking, and a cup of coffee, Sehun had figured out what he was going to do Friday morning. His plan needed help, and help Sehun would get.

"Hey Chanyeol." Sehun spoke into his phone. "Do you still have those keys to that school storage closet that we stole a couple years ago?"

"Um, yeah. Why?" a confused Chanyeol answered.

Sehun wasn't exactly ready to hear the teasing he would get from his friends for liking Luhan. So, Sehun lied swiftly, Chanyeol believing every word. "I want to pull a prank on Luhan, and need your help."

Sehun could practically hear Chanyeol grinning through the phone. "What did you have in mind?"

Sehun told him the plan, getting excited for it to commence at every word he spoke. Chanyeol immediately agreed, always happy to get in on pranks.

This had to work. It absolutely had to. At least, that's what Sehun convinced himself as he walked to school that very morning.

Sehun almost laughed hysterically as he spotted Luhan at his locker, three lockers down from his own. He, of course, contained himself, but was still so smug at the idea that Luhan had no clue what was going to happen.

Luhan noticed Sehun's strangely happy mood, though. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of his grin. What was up with him?

Stupidly, Luhan brushed it off, believing it was nothing. Oh, was he wrong. So very wrong. And Luhan realized this as he felt someone following him to class.

"Hey, whoever you are, stop follow-"

Luhan was cut off by a hand over his mouth.

He was dragged backwards, struggling the whole time. The other person, however, was much stronger, meaning that his thrashing and clawing was pointless. Luhan couldn't help but feel like a weakling in situations such as these, a bean pole to throw around. Some self defense classes were probably needed in Luhan's future, because they would've been useful in the present.

Luhan's ability to see was cut off for a moment as he was dragged into a dark room. This didn't last very long, for his captor turned on a single lightbulb, letting him free in the process. He was in a storage closet, riddled with random junk the school never used or bothered to take care of. It was slightly eerie, in all honesty, and Luhan wanted to get out as quick as possible.

The small boy made a dash for the door, but was terrified to find out that it was locked, and even more terrified to find out who had kidnapped him.

It was Sehun.

The feeling of wanting to jump off a cliff returned as his eyes met Sehun's smug ones. Luhan didn't have to look at his mouth to know he was smirking. The bastard was always smirking, and it irritated him.

As much as Luhan wanted to speak, wanted to yell and scream, he didn't, and continued not talking to Sehun.

Sitting himself in the corner of the storage closet, Luhan continued to be stubborn and avoided Sehun, even in a tiny room.

"You can't ignore me forever."

Silence.

"I'm not letting you out until you speak to me."

Silence.

Sehun sat down right next to Luhan, not leaving any space between them. He leaned over and whispered into Luhan's ear, "If you don't speak, I'm going to kiss you. It's your choice."

At this, Luhan panicked. He immediately covered his mouth and moved to the other side of the storage closet.

"Oh no, ya don't." Sehun growled at Luhan's stubbornness.

With Sehun getting irritated, the two boys found themselves in a familiar position. Sehun was pinning Luhan's wrists above him, and was staring into his eyes intensely.

"Talk to me."

Silence.

"It doesn't have to be this way, Luhan."

Silence.

"Damn, you are really good at the silent treatment. I'm giving you one more chance."

Silence.

"Fine then." Sehun kissed Luhan.

Luhan was shocked that Sehun actually did it. He actually kissed him, again. He wasn't bluffing. Needless to say, Luhan didn't kiss back, doing his best to ignore the flips occurring around his stomach region.

Luhan finally had enough of the one-sided kiss and pushed Sehun off.

"There's nothing to talk about."

Sehun grinned at the fact Luhan was talking. "Yes, there is. First of all, why are you avoiding me? Why are you avoiding us?"

"There is no us."

"Why are you being stubborn? You admitted it yourself that you have feelings for me, at least a little. Why are you running away from them?"

Luhan was silent once more for a second, worrying Sehun because he didn't want to have to coax Luhan into talking again, but Luhan did eventually speak.

"I don't know." Luhan croaked out, his voice cracking a bit in the process.

This hurt Sehun, hearing Luhan so sad. Despite years of hating one another, he did begin to care for him, care for him a lot.

Wanting to comfort the small boy, Sehun brought Luhan into his arms and hugged him. Luhan was, at first, going to reject it, but Sehun was a great hugger. Luhan just felt safe in his arms. He just felt right.

"What is happening?" Luhan whispered to himself.

"You've fallen for your enemy. I can say the same." Sehun had his face buried in Luhan's hair, his words being muffled. But Luhan understood them. He understood every word. Sehun wasn't finished. He separated the hug and looked into Luhan's chocolate brown eyes, "It's about time we accept this."

Luhan looked at the floor, not wanting to accept it. Two fingers slid under his chin and brought his head back up to look at Sehun once more.

"Don't look down. I love your eyes."

Luhan's cheeks flushed red.

"I also love it when you blush."

Luhan knew it was time to admit it, because of how flustered those simple words made him. He couldn't hide from it any longer.

"Sehun?"

"Ya?"

There was a slight pause.

"I think I like you."

Sehun smirked again. "I know, but I'm glad to hear it coming from your mouth."

Another round of quiet took over the two.

"What do we do now?" Luhan mumbled.

"We have a date. How about tomorrow at that cafe not that far from this school?"

"Uh-um-sure." Luhan stuttered.

"Beauteous. Now let me text Chanyeol. We need to get out of this goddamn storage closet."