Chapter 20

Sehun was dreading the moment the doorbell would be rung and his friends would walk in, tons of questions on their mind. As much as he wished it wasn't going to happen, it did, the evil sound of the doorbell ringing. Questions were shot at him right as he opened the door.

"Where were you? Why? How?" Kai immediately asked.

Sehun rolled his eyes. "How about an 'I missed you Sehun' before you ask questions."

"I missed you Sehun." Chanyeol and Kai said in unison to appease the unamused Sehun.

"Yeah. Yeah. Go to the living room."

They did just that, eager for answers.

Luhan was already in the living room watching TV when the boys waltzed in. He turned it off when he realized it was time to talk.

"Okay, tell us what happened." Chanyeol, taking a seat with Kai on the couch, looked up at Sehun who just groaned.

The younger boy looked to Luhan. "Do I have to?"

"Yes. Tell them."

Sehun sighed, then sat on the couch with the others.

"Okay, so, even though we've known each other for so long, you pretty much know nothing about my home life. Here's why. My dad's an alcoholic. He can't control himself and I'm in danger 24/7 because of it. One day, he 'kicked me out'. This is something he does normally, but this time he wasn't expecting me not to come back for over a week. He got pretty angry and demanded I come home or else Luhan would get hurt. I did so, and he kept me in the house all that week, giving me lots of injuries. There. Now you know."

Silence.

"So that's why you always avoided the topic about family or your home." Chanyeol said aloud.

"Yup." Sehun popped the 'p' and let the awkwardness sink in.

"And you've been living with Luhan?"

"Yup."

"Wait!" Kai suddenly jumped up. "Is your dad the one who almost killed Luha-"

Luhan attacked Kai, his hand slipping over the other boy's mouth, keeping him from making a stupid mistake. It was too late, though. Sehun had heard.

"Wait, what?" Curious and worried at the same time, Sehun looked to Luhan for answers.

"I-I, uh," Luhan couldn't think of an excuse quick enough.

"Luhan." Sehun growled. "What are you hiding from me?"

If Luhan told Sehun, he knew that Sehun would go back to his dad's. It was nice knowing Sehun was so protective, but, in the end, it could get him hurt, or killed. Knowing this, Luhan didn't know what to do in this situation.

"Let's just drop the subject."

"No. Tell me. Now."

"Um-uh." Luhan panicked. "I-I gotta go to the bathroom."

He tried to dash out of the room, but his wrist was caught by Sehun before he could possibly slip away.

"Tell me."

"No."

"Tell me, or else."

"Or else what?"

Sehun smirked slightly, amidst his worry, and looked down at Luhan's neck where a hickey decorated the once "blank canvas", as they addressed it as. Luhan's eyes got wider in realization as he finally understood what he was hinting at.