Chapter 7

Luhan was incredibly nervous the next morning. He began to regret the bet, thinking about if Sehun were to actually win. What would happen? How would Sehun go about his "reward"? Luhan was terrified, because he didn't want anything between Sehun and him to change. He wanted to keep on hating him, but a kiss may keep that from happening. What if a kiss confirmed to Luhan that he liked Sehun? Is that why Sehun wants to kiss him? To get rid of the confusion once and for all?

Luhan didn't know. All he knew was that he would try his best, and avoid the mistake he made the day before. So, as Luhan got changed for the Saturday game, he got himself fired up, and ready to go. He wasn't going to lose.

Luhan met Minseok and Jongdae on the field and joined them in warm ups.

"Why do you look more nervous than usual?" Minseok wondered aloud towards Luhan.

Luhan began to stutter, "I-I'm not nervous. Psh, I'm never nervous."

Jongdae laughed at this. "First, you're a terrible liar. Second, you're nervous whether you want to admit it or not."

Luhan rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

The nerves intensified as the beginning of the game neared. It didn't help that the other side of the field was being used by Sehun's team for warm ups. Every once in a while, Sehun and Luhan would make eye contact, but would look away quickly. Sometimes, Luhan would even blush. Angered with these thoughts, Luhan was determined to win. He would NOT let a person like Sehun fluster him like this.

Luhan had fire in his eyes as the game started. He was completely focused on the ball, stealing it from Sehun's team whenever he had the chance. Luhan's team was in the lead a good portion of the game due to Luhan and his friend' s teamwork. This, however, did not last long. It seemed that Sehun was adamant on winning, and made many shots in order to tie it. Both were battling fiercely for their pride, and for a bet that Luhan regretted.

As the game came down to its last seconds, the teams had a nerve-wracking tie. With determination, Luhan stole the ball and traversed towards the other team's goal. He was so close to getting the point, until he tripped.

It was like it happened in slow motion. Luhan lost his footing and landed harshly in the grass, allowing Sehun to slip in and take the ball, smirk on his face the whole damn time. This was it. It was the end of Luhan. And, as he watched the other team screech in victory, all he could do was sit in the grass with hands over his face. He didn't want to confront Sehun, or let Sehun confront him. All he wanted to do was jump off a cliff, and he was seriously considering doing so. He couldn't even believe he had lost, and had to do an unspeakable act because of it.

Luhan felt a tap on his shoulder. He removed his hands and looked up to find a boy with an infamous smirk on his face. "I guess I'm going to see you tomorrow. I'm coming over to your house to 'study'." Sehun put air quotes around study, not breaking his smirk the whole damn time. Luhan wanted to die.

"You don't know where I live." Luhan replied, trying to sound confident, but failing.

"Looks like I'm going to need your number then in order for you to text the address."

Luhan wanted to punch the smirk off of his face. Sehun was just so smug about the whole situation. All Luhan wanted to do was curl up into a ball and cry.

Luhan handed his phone to Sehun, sighing in defeat. "Put your number in."

Sehun did so, then handed Luhan's phone back to him. He didn't leave Luhan alone, though. No. Sehun had to add something more. Leaning close to Luhan's ear, he whispered, "See ya tomorrow, sweet cheeks."