Chapter 4

Luhan was definitely going to skip school on Wednesday. There was no reason for him to attend school on that particular day, so he didn't. Minseok tried his best to guilt Luhan into going over text, but to no avail. Luhan was adamant on staying home, not wanting to deal with Sehun for the two periods of hell.

Luhan's grades always suffered because of days like this, but he suffered more having to do that stupid project in literacy and the tutoring in study hall. Plus, Luhan just wanted a day to recollect his thoughts. Why did Luhan get flustered by Sehun the day before? Was it because he noticed how flawless his skin was? Or how his eyes shone with mischief? Or how his smirk-

Luhan had to stop thinking that way. The play Romeo and Juliet was getting to his head. That's all it was. Luhan convinced himself that it wasn't him thinking these things, only the clichés getting to him.
He hated Sehun and his stupid smirk, and that was final.

To get his mind off of such topics, Luhan decided to start hitting the sugary energy drinks early in the morning. He tended to regret these actions later in the night, but Luhan didn't care. He just wanted a sugar high that could keep him awake during a movie marathon, and maybe too far into the night.

And, he succeeded in doing so. A superfluous amount of energy drinks later, Luhan was looking at the clock to see that the time was 2:00 am. He wasn't going to sleep that night despite his best efforts. Giving up, Luhan decided to take a really late night stroll to a park not that far away from his large home.

This particular park held many memories, Luhan's memories. He remembered being pushed by his mother on the swings and playing in the sandbox with Minseok and Jongdae, getting sand in places sand shouldn't be. Luhan remembered a dog he owned once in his childhood of which he would take to the park. The dog was a fond memory of Luhan. The park itself was a fond memory.

The swings attracted Luhan the most after debating with himself on whether he should go on the slides or swings. Swings are more relaxing to Luhan, and Luhan wanted so dearly to be relaxed whilst on an energy drink high.

The swings did prove to be a relaxing choice, as Luhan was given time to think and daydream, if you could even call it daydreaming at 2:30 am. As Luhan began to finally feel tired, a slight noise came from the trees to his right. In fear, Luhan tensed up, his whole body stiffening. Who would be out this late at night?

A gang of three large males walked from the trees. They seemed drunk, for they couldn't speak to each other properly, slurring their words as they tried to communicate.

"I'm borrrrreeedd." One whined, none of them spotting Luhan at that time.

"We don't have anyone to mess with 'cause that one kid got away. Stupid kid," the other one grunted.

"Well how about we-" The last one paused as he spotted the frozen Luhan on the swing.

"How about him?" The angry drunk proposed.

Luhan decided it was about time to unfreeze and run for his life. Soccer was the best thing that ever happened to him, for it allowed Luhan the ability to outrun the three drunkards with his amazing endurance and strength. A good distance was kept between Luhan and the men for quite some time, before one of them started to catch up.

"Come here," one man growled, grabbing at the hood of Luhan's hoody. To his dismay, Luhan couldn't run any faster in order to lengthen the distance. He needed to confuse them.
He took many sharp turns through the buildings near the park. The men somehow were able to keep up with him, though. Fear and frustration bubbled up inside him. Why wouldn't they just leave him alone?