Chapter 10

Sehun woke in an unfamiliar place. Where was he? How did he get here? The events of the night before slowly crawled back to him, hitting him with a strong wave of emotion. He knew where he was, a guest bedroom in Luhan's quite large home. Sehun knew he wasn't in Luhan's bedroom, because the room he woke up in looked like it hadn't been inhabited since the beginning of its existence. The walls were white, the bed sheets were white, and the carpet was white. The only thing that had some color was the light brown nightstand and dresser. Luhan really needed to decorate this place.

A beautiful smell wafted through the air that caused Sehun's stomach to growl. As he ventured down the staircase, the smell got stronger. It led him to the kitchen, where Luhan was making breakfast. His back was turned to Sehun, his hair a mess and clothed in an oversized t-shirt.

"Sit down. I made breakfast." Luhan said, startling Sehun.

"How did you know I was here?"

"I heard you coming down the stairs. I hope you like pancakes."

"I love them."

"Good."

The pancakes were delicious. They were practically restaurant quality, and Sehun wolfed them down due to this.

"Someone's hungry." Luhan grinned.

"Starving."

"Good thing I made a little more than I thought we would need."

Luhan let Sehun finish his breakfast before bombarding him with questions.

"We need to talk."

"I'm aware." Sehun said, irritated. He knew he would have to explain at some point, even though he wished he didn't have to.

"What EXACTLY happened where you would end up on a park bench?" Luhan began the interrogation.

Sehun sighed and began his long explanation. "I only live with my father who has a drinking problem. I don't know where my mom is. I have to deal with him and his stupidness by myself. I don't get abused often, only when I anger him. Basically, I wouldn't come home from our date when he asked me to and got angry and "kicked me out". He does this all of the time, so I just sleep somewhere else on those nights to keep myself safe. Any questions?"

Sehun only lied a little bit in his explanation and avoided Luhan's eyes, not really wanting to see what his reaction is.

"Yeah, just one. WHY THE FUCK DON'T YOU GO TO THE POLICE?" Luhan asked, flabbergasted that Sehun hadn't done so.

"Not really in the mood to become a foster child." Sehun snapped back.

Luhan slumped in his seat, and ran his hand through his messy hair. "You're not going back." Luhan directed, staring straight into Sehun's eyes.

"I have to. Thanks for this and whatnot, but I have to go back at some point."

"No, you are not going back. I won't let you."

"Dude, I have no where to go and I'm not staying here any longer because I'd feel bad. Yes, I did say that I'd feel bad. Don't even comment on that." Sehun demanded, trying to avoid teasing.

Luhan didn't allow himself to smirk, even though he really wanted to, and said, stubbornly, "You're staying here whether you like it or not. So you better start liking it." He crossed his arms and sat back in his seat once more, like a displeased child.

Sehun didn't want to burden Luhan with his presence. He really didn't, but Luhan was stubborn and oddly convincing. Plus, he couldn't help but think that he looked adorable with his arms crossed like that. So adorable that he got out of his seat to go over and kiss him.

Luhan was surprised, to say the least, but he didn't leave the kiss one sided this time. He responded, pulling Sehun closer to him. All he wanted to do was protect Sehun, even though in most cases it would be the other way around. It made him happy that he could do so for once.

"So, yes?" Luhan asked for confirmation as they pulled away.

"You haven't really given me much of a choice, have you?" Sehun chuckled, smirking with Luhan in unison.

"Man, I haven't seen your smirk in a while. That means I've done good job at flustering you." Sehun teased.

"Shut the fuck up. I see your smirk WAY too much." Luhan was, once again, blushing.

"You love my smirk. Don't deny it."

"Trust me, I don't." An annoyed tone left Luhan.

"I'm having trouble trusting you."

Luhan rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I'm gonna go shower."

Luhan got up and walked in the direction of the stairs, but was stopped by Sehun grabbing him by his wrist. The taller boy walked over and slid his arms around Luhan's waist from behind and whispered, 

"Can I join?"

Luhan's breath hitched in his throat as he suddenly felt weak at the knees. He weakly hit Sehun on the chest before stuttering, "N-no." Hiding his blush was slightly difficult in that situation.

"Are you flustered?" Sehun said in a mocking tone.

"I hate you." Luhan muttered.

Sehun chuckled. "No ya don't."

Before Luhan hit him again, Sehun kissed the back of his neck and let him go.

Luhan shivered at the act. When did Sehun have such an affect on him?

He had to escape to the shower before he would be embarrassed again, going too fast towards the staircase. This earned him a laugh from Sehun, who really did enjoy messing with him.
Luhan tried to shower in peace, but thoughts of Sehun wouldn't go away.

Never did Luhan feel this way before. What was this foreign feeling that washed over him whenever Sehun touched him or smirked? Ugh, that goddamn smirk. His life would be so much easier if it went away. At that thought, though, Luhan admitted to himself that he would miss the smirk. He wouldn't admit that he liked it, though. Luhan was too stubborn for that.

After thoroughly cleaning himself in the shower, and having deep thoughts, Luhan exited the bathroom with only a towel on his waist.

He was not prepared to see Sehun on his bed, smirking at the sight before him.

Luhan looked like he was having a seizure fighting his way back into his bathroom. Once safely inside, Luhan facepalmed.

"What the fuck are you doing on my bed?" Luhan questioned from inside the bathroom.

"I'm just chillin'." The older boy could practically hear Sehun's smugness.

"Get out." Luhan ordered bluntly.

"Nah, I'm good. Your bed is comfortable."

"If you think doing things like this means I'm going to kick you out, you have another thing coming for ya."

Sehun was surprised that Luhan knew what he was doing. Dammit.

He was also surprised when Luhan walked out with confidence.

Sehun got the full view of Luhan's bare chest, and slight abs. For the first time, Luhan was flustering him.

"Are you flustered?" Luhan mocked, stepping closer with his clothes he gathered from his dresser in his free hand.

"No." Sehun said defensively.

Luhan shot a smug grin at Sehun. "Yes, you are. You're being defensive, therefore you're flustered. I'll leave you alone for now, but I won't have mercy next time." He winked then walked back into the bathroom to get changed.

Sehun just sat there with pink decorating his face.

He would get Luhan back later. He was determined.