Ch. 1: The Concert

My name is Suzan Wittlebear – I know, stupid last name, I would always get picked on for it. I currently live in LA and am a full time student. I want to become an archivist. I want to deal with old historical documents and do hours of research and learn new things each day. I know it sounds boring to most people, but that is what I am good at. It isn’t a special job by any means, and it often gets overlooked, but then again, so I do. I don’t really know what else to say, maybe describe myself? I am five foot seven and have long dark brown hair. My eyes are hazel and I have freckles on my nose. I don’t like the way I look and I have a crappy butt (excuse the pun) and too small boobs.

          I looked down at what I had written so far. It was crap, I don’t know why my English teacher assigned us this assignment. We were supposed to write about ourselves for five minutes and not sensor anything, write whatever pops in our head. I didn’t see the point, there wasn’t much to write about. I have no talents, or special features, and I don’t really have many hobbies. Unless tumblr and watching TV count. I’m really no different than thousands of other girls around my age. I closed my notebook and looked outside to admire the sunny day.
“Good enough,” I mumbled and got up to take a walk around campus. The grounds were nice enough – much like a typical college campus, brick buildings, manicured lawns and gardens, and plenty of people reading or chatting under the shade cast by tall trees. I hadn’t made too many good friends at school, but I did have two. Emily and Calvin. Speakings of which…

“Suzan! Come over here!” yelled a bleach blonde girl who really could be a model. At first I didn’t really like Emily because I thought she was better than me, but then I got to know her and realized we were a lot alike. Still though, she is the one who gets all the attention and it suits her, she likes it.
I walked over to her and Calvin, they were laying in the shade with a bag of potato chips. “Want some?” offered Cal,
“No thanks,” I said. Calvin was kind of nerdy looking, but he was the cute kind of nerd. He had horn rimmed glasses, and wore a lot of plaid, but he had a good jaw line and a nice tan too. He also had these amazing brown eyes.

          “Are you excited for the One Direction concert tomorrow!?” Emily squealed,
I perked up, “Yes! I don’t even care if our seats aren’t that good, I am stoked!”
“Ugh,” Calvin rolled his eyes annoyed, he hated when we talked about One Direction around him. “Oh lighten up Cal, we hold back our fan-girling enough around you, let us be excited for tomorrow night!” Emily exclaimed.

“Do you know what you’re wearing?” I asked
“I thought my strapless pink dress and some black heals, what do you think?” she replied
“I think your feet are going to be dying if you wear heals, just do flats or sandals,”
“Beauty has a price!”
Now it was my turn to join Calvin in an eye roll.
“You know we aren’t even going to make eye contact with them right? You don’t have to impress anyone,”
“Wrong,” she said, “You never know what will happen. Besides, it’s not dress to impress, it’s dress up to have fun. What are you going to wear?”
“I thought just my One D shirt and some jeans,”
“Ugh, let me make you up, please! You can use one of my dresses!” she folded her hands together and held them up, slightly repeating please please  please.
“Alright, alright, fine. Are we still staying at your parent’s house after the concert?”
“Yeah! They have the guest house all made up for us, so we can just drive there and stay the night instead of drive an hour back here when it will already be so late,”

“Take lots of pictures!” exclaimed Calvin in a mimicked high voice
“Stop being a douche about it,” I said getting agitated.
He stuck his tongue out at me, but pulled it back in before I could grab it.

          We spent the rest of the evening together and ordered pizza to mine and Emily’s dorm room. That night when I went to bed I thought of Niall Horan. He was my favorite member of the band. Even though I wasn’t going to get to see him up close, I still was going to be in the same room as him, and I couldn’t help but get a little giddy. I wonder what he would think of me if he knew my personally…
Stop that silly thinking! Gosh! To you he is nothing but another face in the big crowd. Besides, even if he did spot me and Emily somehow, he would notice her. Her boobs are way nicer than mine, and she has a confident walk. I kind of just have a slouch.
I really need to stop putting myself down.
I guess I have a nice bellybutton. Who says that? Bellybutton? Okay fine, I guess I have a nice stomach. There, nice thing said, now I need to get some sleep, tomorrow will be a long day, and an even longer night!