Ch. 15: My shitty mom and my wonderful mom

Hello friends! So I have a task for you! Can you think of a couple name for Suzy and Niall as well as one for Harry and Emily?
I will dedicate the next chapter to you:)
Love you all, thank you for reading:) Xx

After some time Paul and other guards came and helped the campus security out. When the crowd dispersed, they took Niall and Harry back to the hotel. Before leaving, Niall turned to me and quietly asked, “What part of this was a mistake?”
“All of it. I’m sorry. We shouldn’t have done this, we haven’t even talked about us and there are already horrible rumors going around. It’s dragging other people in, not just us. Niall, this is outrageous,”

He looked at me with his sad eyes. I couldn’t look at them, so I turned away and sat on my bed. I knew he wanted to talk thinks out, and that he wanted me to come to the hotel with him. Paul even said I should come, but I didn’t want to be around anyone. Emily was going to the hotel too since the media knew she was a close friend of mine.

          After they left I laid in my bed and tried to contact Calvin. I’m sure he had a mob at his place too. He wouldn’t answer my calls or reply to my texts so I gave up. I didn’t know what to do. I lost Calvin and now he has to deal with this media attention to remember me by. I pushed Niall away because I didn’t know what else to do. I absolutely hated this, all of it. All the media attention, the lies, the assumptions. Being with Niall wasn’t the way to go, I knew that now. His life style just wasn’t something I could handle. I can’t believe I let myself think it ever could be.

          My phone rang and I answered without looking at the caller ID.
“Suzan, what is going on with the magazine and the crowd?” Mark asked, I looked at my ID and I saw he was calling from work. Mark was my manager and he never paid much attention to me, so I was surprised he was calling in the first place.
“It’s a long story…” I said not wanting to talk about it.
“Are you coming to work today?”
“I was told not to leave my dorm, so I can’t,”
“Are you sure?” he asked. What? Of course I was sure, what a stupid question to ask.
“Yeah Mark, I’m sure. Sorry,” I said trying not to have a tone.
“Alright…so…you’re dating a celebrity, huh?”
“It’s not really anyone’s business who I’m dating or not dating,”
“Right, right…well…maybe we could double date sometime, you and him and me and my girlfriend. Ya know I’m an amateur musician and-“
“-I don’t think so Mark. I have to go, bye,” I hung up before he had a chance to reply.

          Before I even had time to put my phone down it rang again and I saw it was my mom.
“Hi mom,” I answered hesitantly
“What is this?” she asked in a slightly shrilled voice
“What is what?” I asked playing stupid
“You’re on the front cover parading around like some tramp! I did not raise you like that!”
“You didn’t raise me at all,” I mumbled
“What was that?” she asked frustrated
“It’s not what it seems like mom, you can’t believe tabloids, it’s all a big lie,”
“Pictures don’t lie, Suzan! Who is that boy you were kissing?”
“Niall Horan,”
“Am I supposed to know who that is?”
“International celebrity…boy band member…” I said bored. I didn’t want to be judged and lectured by my mom who is obviously in a mood to try and act like a parent but not succeeding.
“When were you going to tell me and your father about this?”
“About what?”
“About your little celebrity boyfriend?”
“I don’t know, you guys aren’t too high on my priority list right now,”
I knew that was rude, and it was probably the most direct I’ve ever been with her. Right now I just didn’t care.
“Excuse me?” she said offended
“Oh come on mom. It’s been months since I last talked to you guys. You never called to see how I was doing, and now that I’ve made headlines you figure you better call, how convenient,”
“Young lady, do not talk to me that way. The phone is a two way street! You could have called too! And I’m not calling because you’re having your 15 minutes of fame. I’m calling because it actually made me look bad at work today. Mr. Rosenthal recognized you and asked me about it, that is how I found out! I looked like such a bad parent, Suzan! How could you not tell me these things?!”
“You are a bad parent!” I yelled and hung up. I threw my phone across the room and buried myself under my covers and cried. I cried so hard and so long I didn’t have any energy left and finally fell asleep.