Ch. 24: AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!

The next three weeks went by painfully slow. Each day in itself felt like a week. Finally – finally after all our tests were completed and grades received, we were done with school for the year. After multiple Skype calls and lonely nights, Emily and I were going to see our boyfriends. We were going to see our pretty much adopted brothers and watch them perform together on stage. We were even going to meet the other One Direction girlfriends. Emily was sitting next to me in the cab on our way to the airport. We had to get up at the butt crack of dawn this morning to make our flight, but we were happy to do it. It meant we were only hours away from seeing everyone. I kept in mind what my mom said about paying Niall back for the plane ticket and how it was only the right thing to do. I took $1000 out of my savings account to give him, leaving me with exactly $6.57 left to my name.

          Eventually we got to the airport and begrudgingly went through all the necessary tasks. We checked our luggage, went through security, got our passports checked, and waited until we were able to board the plane. It would be a 12 hour flight.
Once we were on the plane we closed our eyes and slept. A lot. After what seemed like a long time and a fitful sleep, Emily shook me awake.
“We are going to land soon,” she said groggily. I nodded my head and got up to go to the bathroom. My whole body was stiff and I had a crook in my neck. I had to hold onto the baggage compartments to stop from falling down. Note to self – don’t go without moving for hours and hours on end.
When I got back to my seat, the pilot came on the intercom saying, “Hello folks, we will be landing in Sydney  in just a few moments so please fasten your seatbelts and get ready for landing,” Emily looked at me and squealed a little, showing her excitement. I smiled back at her as I buckled up and let my own giddiness bubble up inside of me.

          Soon enough we landed and were walking through the tunnel out to the terminal. Niall said the boys couldn’t come greet us in the airport because they didn’t want a mob of fans surrounding us, but after we went through customs and got our bags, we saw a man holding a sign with our names on it.
“Hi, we are Emily and Suzan,” Emily said as we walked up to him.
“Right this way,” he replied with a welcoming smile and an Australian accent. We followed him out to the parking garage and tried our best to not run toward the limo in front of us. The door opened and five boys came spilling out all running towards us. We welcomed them with open arms and were mobbed into a big group hug. Niall and I were smooshed right in the middle of everyone and he looked at me with the biggest grin I’d ever seen on him and he kissed me like there was no tomorrow. A month might not seem like a terribly long time, but it sure felt like it. We missed each other incredibly and it was so hard to convey the extent of it in that kiss, but boy did we try. Everyone broke apart once they realized what me and Niall and Emily and Harry were doing.
“Oi! What about the rest of us, eh?” Louis exclaimed
I broke apart from Niall and sheepishly laughed. I gave each of the boys an individual hug – I was very excited to see them as well. Talking to them over Skype wasn’t enough. Eventually we got in the limo and drove to the hotel.
“What do you guys want to do today?” Harry asked excitedly
Emily stifled a yawn and shrugged her shoulders. I don’t think she got as much sleep as me on the plane ride.
“Maybe we should give the girls a day to adjust to the time zone,” Liam suggested
“That would be nice,” I said gratefully smiling at him
“When are the other girls coming out?” Emily asked
“Danielle should be here tomorrow, uh Zayn, when did you say Perrie would be here?” Liam asked
“Sometime this week. She said the girls needed to finish recording some new songs first,” he answered
“And Eleanor should be here in two days!” Louis piped up, clearly excited to see the girl that he could welcome with a kiss.
“How long are they all staying for?” Niall asked
“Danielle can only stay for four days before she needs to go back to work,” Liam answered
“El is staying a little longer than Emily and Suzy,” Louis replied
“And Perrie I think is going to fly back with Eleanor, right?” Zayn added and Louis nodded his head.