Ch. 25: Busy day!

It was after dinner and Emily and I decided to take a walk along the pier since we promised we wouldn’t just forget about each other like last time we were around the boys. It was a warm evening and the view of the Opera house was lit up in the distance.
“I can’t believe we are in Australia,” she said breathlessly amazed at the view.
“It’s pretty incredible,” I replied
We stood there people watching for a while before I said, “How soon did you and Harry start having sex?”
She looked at me and asked, “Why?”
“Wondering…”
“Have you and Niall?”
“No,”
“Do you want to?”
“Yeah. I’m just scared is all,”
She leaned against some railing and said, “Harry and I didn’t have sex until the night before they left to come here,”
“But neither of you guys were each other’s first,”
“No,”
We sat in silence for a while and she asked, “Why are you scared?”
“He would be my first,”
“Well, you’re ready, right?”
“Yeah,”
“Are you nervous because you don’t know what to do, or because it’s with Niall, or because the thought of not being a virgin anymore is scary?”
I thought about it for a moment and said, “I suppose not knowing what to do,”
“It’s not how it is in the movies – especially your first time. Things aren’t going to be smooth and confident. But you both are comfortable with each other, Niall has done it before I’m assuming, so he will walk you through it. I think if you were to do it with anyone, Niall would be the best person. He’s opened you up so much already, it only seems fitting. You’ve changed so much since meeting him,”
“Have I?”
“You walk a little straighter, you smile more, you speak up more, Suz, you have really gained a lot of confidence. Don’t tell me you don’t feel better, and that you don’t feel that you’ve become a more outspoken person,”
“No, I see it. I think the first time I noticed it was when I stayed with Niall the first night. I put on his tee shirt, and looked in the mirror and for the first time I thought I looked pretty. And it was because I looked happy. That’s when I really realized what he does for me,”
I looked up at my friend and she was smiling at me. “I’m so glad to hear you say that, I’ve waited so long for you to see what I see in you. You need to get laid by this boy, and soon!”
I laughed and gave her a hug, “Thanks Em,”
She smiled at me and I said, “You know, you really do look very pretty tonight,”

          Her smile fell a little and she said, “I feel kind of naked without all my usual makeup. You can pull off wearing just a little, but I don’t feel like I can,”
“I do. Harry obviously does. You don’t need makeup to be pretty. You’re still beautiful when you take it off before bed, and you’re wearing your oversized shirts and baggy sweats. Your personality still shines through, and that is what makes you pretty,”
“Harry said the same thing the first time I let him see me without makeup,” she said kind of bashfully. I smiled and said, “Harry is a keeper. I like you guys together,”

          “I like us together too,” she said with a big smile.
“I’d have to agree,” said a familiar voice from behind and we turned around to see the one and only Mr. Harry Styles. “Hey,” we greeted the curly haired fellow, “We are getting ready to go, you guys ready?”
We nodded and followed him back to the car. By the time we got to the hotel Emily and I were both so exhausted we turned in early. The boys stayed up later, hanging out in Liam’s room. Before I went to bed I thought about having sex with Niall. I knew I was ready. I did feel comfortable around him. I just was nervous to take that next big step in my life.

----

          The next morning I awoke in an empty bed, but heard the shower going. I got up and knocked on the door and came in. “Morning!” I said
“Hey princess!” he called from behind the curtain
“Mind if I brush my teeth?” I asked
“Not at all!”
As I put toothpaste on my brush I asked, “What do you guys have to do today?”
“We have an interview to go to, and a photo shoot, and a concert tonight,”
“Busy day!”
“Yeah, we have to leave by noon, do you and Emily want to come?”
“I do, I’m sure Em does as well,”
“Alright, what time is it?”
I peeked out into the bedroom at the digital clock on the nightstand, “11:15,”
“Did you want to hop in the shower before we left, or are you more of a night time shower person?” he asked
“Um, it doesn’t matter, really. I can take one tonight,” I answered