Ch. 5 Meeting the band

The day was unpleasant to say the least. I would walk around campus to my classes and I would see someone take a picture of me here and there. I tried to keep my head down as much as possible. In one of my classes there was a girl who started talking to me and wanted to be friends. All she really talked about was One Direction and asked how much I knew about the guys and maybe she could come along next time I hung out with them. She didn’t seem to care that I said I hardly knew them, much less even met most of them.

          When I got to work it was a little nicer being in an office and having some time to myself to sort through piles and organize dates. I didn’t have to be around many people at work and I liked it that way. There were only three of us there today, and we all were doing our own thing. I was sorting through papers, Mark was doing the research, and Russell was taking inventory. There wasn’t much opportunity to talk so I was glad. When I got back to my dorm I had fifteen minutes to get ready to leave. Emily was going mad, there were clothes strewn about the room, makeup everywhere.

“What should I wear!?” she exclaimed, her curled hair bouncing as she stood up to look at me. I changed into some nice dark jeans and a yellow tee shirt.

“I don’t know, whatever you feel comfortable in,” I said with a shrug and brushed out my hair. She sighed and went back to sorting through the pile of clothes on the floor. We have one closet and one dresser in our room. We share them both and I’m surprised how much they hold, we have so many clothes between the two of us, it’s like a small department store in our dorm.

          “Okay how about this?” she said as she looked in the full length on the back of our door. She was wearing black short shorts and turquoise halter top and sandals.

“Very nice,” I said with a smile. We went out to the parking lot just as the van pulled up. On our way there was a man with a camera who came over and started openly snapping pictures. This was the most forward photographer so far and it made me nervous.

“Suzan, what do you think of Niall? Is he your Irish love?” he asked

“Don’t talk or look at him,” I muttered to Emily

She seemed caught off guard at the blunt behavior and we quickly got in the van and left.

          As we got closer to the arena, I got more nervous. I was going to be with all five guys tonight not just Niall or Niall and Louis. I could hardly be around one of them without feeling inadequate, how could I ever be around five? Emily was going though and I was grateful, she would draw more attention to herself and away from me. Hopefully she could get the boys wrapped up in her and I can just do my thing with Paul and we can leave. Wait, Em wanted to watch the show. Okay we could stay for that and then leave.  When we came to a stop the door was opened and Paul stood there waiting for us. Thankfully we were going in through the back entrance so there weren’t any fans there to scream at us. We walked down a tall corridor and went through a door on the right. Inside there was One Direction, all the guys were sitting around laughing and waiting for the show to start.

“Suzan! Hi!” Niall said as they saw us.

“Suzyyyyyyy!!!!!!” Louis said running over to us he stopped right in front of me and asked, “How’s the head?”

“Feeling better, thanks,” I said with a smile

“Good! I can do this!” Louis exclaimed picking me up in a hug and twirled me around. It kind of wracked my brain a little, but I would be okay. It was hard not to laugh around Louis, despite the thoughts that my self-esteem brought to my head. He introduced himself to Emily who just smiled like an idiot and we walked over to the others.