Ch. 11: Niall wins

The next day Niall convinced me to skip class and find a fill in at work.
“I feel kind of guilty. I mean I really should be in class, and we have a lot of stuff to do at work,” I told him as he sat on my bed, with me still under my covers. I hadn’t gotten out yet.

“Don’t feel bad, babe, sometimes you gatta take a personal day,”
“I guess it is just one day. I’ve never missed a day before…”
“Exactly, you deserve this,” he said smiling
“Well, what do you want to do today?” I asked returning his smile
“Well I thought we could do what I decided on for if I won the bet,”
“But you haven’t won the bet,”
“Oh but I have,”
“How do you figure?”
“Like this,” he said crawling on top of me and planting a kiss on the corner of my mouth. He looked at me with a smirk and pushed his lips against mine. We pulled apart and he said, “Convincing enough for you?”

          I just looked at him with pursed lips and a raised eyebrow.
“What?” he asked
“Not fair, you can’t just kiss your way into officially winning a bet. Besides, this is just for a day. Remember?”
“I think…” he kissed my lips softly, “That after today…” he kissed me again, “You won’t want to go back…” kiss, “To how it was,” kiss.
“I think you’re pretty cocky,” I said trying to contain my light headedness.
“I think you’re easier to sway than you’d like to admit,”
“I think I want to get dressed,” I said pushing him off me and walking over to the usual messy closet/dresser area.
“Don’t change, stay in your pajama’s today,” Niall said, making himself comfortable on my bed.
“Why?”
“Because of what I want to do for winning the bet,”
“And what is it you want to do?”
“I think we should go back to my hotel, order up some room service, watch movies, and have a lazy day just being with each other. Nothing big, just us, I just want to hold you all snuggled up in bed, how does that sound?”

I smiled, it actually sounded really nice, so I nodded my head and said, “Okay, but if that is the case, I at least want to still take a shower,”
“Good, because I can smell you from here!”
“Hey!” I said throwing a shirt at him as we laughed.
I took a quick shower, blow dried my hair, and came back in the room wearing some yoga pants and tee shirt.

“Ready to go beautiful?” he asked, standing up.
I nodded and we left for the hotel.

          When we got to his room he handed me a menu and told me to pick whatever I wanted while he changed into some sweats and a tee shirt. I looked over the list and said,
“Niall, these things are kind of expensive, maybe we should just go somewhere and buy something cheaper,”
“It’s fine Suzy, the food is good here, really, get whatever you want,”

          There was a knock on the door and a familiar voice, “Nialler, hey do you have some clothes I could borrow?”
Niall opened the door to let Harry in. When he saw me he straightened up a bit and said, “Oh! My! Don’t mind me, I’ll be out of your hair in a second!”
“You’re fine,” I said a little embarrassed. He went over to Niall’s closet and rummaged through and a few seconds later came out shirtless and unfolding Niall’s “The Who” shirt. As he pulled it over his head he said, “Have fun you kids, don’t do anything I wouldn’t do,”

“So we basically have no limits to what we could do then,” Niall said with a giggle
Harry winked and replied, “I’m going to go see some friends, talk to ya later!”

          When he left Niall jumped on his bed and patted the comforter to motion me to come sit next to him.
“What looks good?” he asked as we scanned over the menu.
“The jalapeño poppers do,”
“What else?” he asked
“Just that,” I replied politely.
“Oh come on now, the poppers, the mozzarella sticks, the pizza, the egg rolls, the burgers, the onion rings…”
I laughed because he was right, they all sounded good. He picked up the phone and asked for room service to bring up poppers, egg rolls, and pizza.
“We can order more later, spread it out through the day,” he explained
“Sounds like a smart plan,” I said
“Well I am a smart guy,”
“Yeah, you must be doing something right,” I replied nonchalantly smiling.
“I must be doing something real right if I finally got you!” he said and bear hug attacked me.
He was on top of me and our heads were hanging off the side of the bed.
“Just for today,” I replied quietly, looking in his eyes.
“Don’t ruin it,” he said with some sadness.
“Sorry,”
“I don’t think I could ever forgive you,” he played hurt
“Oh my, I don’t know what else to say then,” I said trying not to smile
“I think maybe I could start to forgive you if you gave me just a little kiss,” he replied with a twitch at the side of his mouth
“Oh is that what you think?”
“I really do. It is the only way,”
“Well then…” I touched my forehead to his and looked in his eyes. They were smiling, and I felt his hot breath on my lips. Slowly I closed the gap between us and lightly kissed his mouth.
“Hmm, that didn’t do it. I think you need to try again,” he whispered
I smiled and kissed him softly once more.
“Still not cutting it,” he grinned
I kissed him a little harder this time and I felt him fight back the urge to kiss me more passionately. He wanted me to be in control.
“How about now?” I whispered, his eyes were still closed but he smiled a bit when he said, “Maybe just one more time,”
          I kissed him but in a way that told him he could control it this time. I opened my mouth slightly and that was all he needed. He hadn’t kissed me like this since the night he told me all the things he noticed about me. I felt it, I felt his feelings for me in that kiss, and I felt how he didn’t want to let go, and how he didn’t want tomorrow to come. I felt truth and honesty and I realized that I only felt this after I let go and let him in and took Calvin’s advice. Niall wanted to be with me, and whether I wanted to believe it or not, I wanted to be with him too.

          I don’t know how long we were kissing, but there was a knock on the door and I took my fingers out of his hair, and he pulled his hands out from under my shirt and stood up. He winked at me a little dazed and went to open the door for the room service cart to be pushed in. I tried to flatten my hair and catch my breath to make it seem like nothing happened, even though the hotel employee obviously knew. I’m sure it wasn’t the first time he had interrupted something like this.

          Niall tipped him and he left with a smile. We found Pitch Perfect on TV and bought it, and started eating. He was right, it was nice to just relax and not do anything big or extravagant and just be with each other. At first I thought it would be hard to relax but after I did, it was easy to stay that way.

Thank you for reading this so far, I love ya!