Chapter Forty

My eyes were wide at what he said “get out” I breathed out feeling as if someone had punched me in the gut and knocked the wind clean out of me, well that and along with feeling as if I was about to throw up.

“It's my house” he replied.

“Then I will leave” I shot out a little louder as my breathing became heavier.

“Your not leaving until you hear me out” he frowned hard and stepped closer taking my hand and holding it tight, holding both my hands so I couldn't move any more.

I was being punished and it was definitely something I had never thought would happen, Blake and Brooke. That just never once crossed my mind. She was my sister, my best friend and I trusted her with my life.

I was clenching my fists so hard in his, I had my nails digging into his skin and I was just wanting to slam one of them around his face, or knee him in the groin, what would be more painful? Maybe I could do both, groin first then the face, all I wanted to do was go hey ya and nut-crack his balls.

“Yes” he repeated slowly in a steady voice “Something happened but it isn't what you think it is, I swear Lex I have never been unfaithful to you since the day we first slept together it's only ever been you” he added on quickly, I was just staring at him waiting for him to continue.

“you've got five seconds before I pick up a shard of ceramic, stab your eyes out and then take all your money and leave you” I growled, stab your eyes out? Fuck I was coming up with some random crap.

“she said something the other day when you was at work, she asked if I would fuck her just once behind your back and that wouldn't it, that she's been thinking about me and can hear us when we make love, she wanted me to fuck her like I do you”

“you're lying, she wouldn't say that” I felt more hot tears springing to my eyes as I looked away from him. My best friend wouldn't do that to me.

“Lex, I swear to you she did, ask Brody he heard the whole thing”

“why the hell didn't anyone tell me this then” I yelled in his face, or more like cried.

“I told her she had until tomorrow to come clean otherwise I was going to tell you, I wanted to tell you but Brody said she should do it, she's the one who fucked up, I was going to tell you but she said that she'd say I came onto her, you have to believe me Lex, I love you and after everything we've been through, do you really think I would hurt you like that? Fuck we're trying to get pregnant” he spoke in a hurting voice, the voice he only ever spoke in when he was truly upset or sorry, the voice he used the night I left him.

“do you prefer the way she looks, she's thinner and prettier, most likely tighter since she didn't give birth to two babies” I whispered not knowing how to react that my best friend tried to sleep with my husband.

“no of course not, she's nothing to me, I have never looked at her like that, she tries too hard, you are beautiful, your body is perfect and I don't look at anyone else like the way I look at you and we both know your still the same down there, fuck I wouldn't care if you gave birth to ten kids I would still love making love to you” his hand brushed along my face softly wiping the tears away with his thumb “Alex, I love you more than I have ever loved and I wouldn't hurt you, you know I would never hurt you. Tell me you believe me!”

I took his hand pulling it away from me and stepping backwards, his eyes had hurt across them as I moved away “Blake I need to clean my feet” I whispered rushing off biting my lip as the tiny cuts stung.

Did I believe him when he said nothing happened other than what he said?

Absolutely, no doubt in my mind would I ever think he cheated on me, after everything that's happened between the two of us, I believed him 100%, even if I went all crazy how do I murder him and get away with it for a moment.