Chapter Twenty Eight

I flicked the lock on the bathroom quickly, my breathing was picking up and I didn't know what to do, what did my dad mean cold blooded murderer.

A knock to the door startled me and I froze, I didn't want to answer it, hell I didn't want to move because then I would have to ask the question, did Blake kill somebody.

Of course he wouldn't, he couldn't do something like that, he's not that angry but then again I have seen him angry and almost strangle Jenny.

“Lex” he softly spoke.

I wanted to talk to him but I didn't know what to say.

“please open up, I know you heard me” his voice was pained and softer than just a moment ago.

“I think I'm just going to have a shower, can I leave afterwards?” I croaked out.

I heard his loud sigh but he didn't say anything else, he just left me to be, I took as long as I could showering, it actually felt nice to just just let the hot water soothe the soreness of my body, I also knew I had to go face Blake soon.

I stepped out of the shower and dried myself off, bending down after I dressed my grabbing all my hair then moving back upright, twisting the mop of mess into a messy bun and tying it up.

I looked in the mirror and still my face looked blotchy, I didn't bother with any make-up, there was no point really since I would cry it all away again, crying was something I had become good at, and I hated it. I hated the feeling throughout my body that I got when I needed to cry, it was a reminder of something I lost.

I opened the bathroom door and walked out, the room was silent and Blake was standing in front of the window, staring out to the ocean, the calming view of an ocean that I found myself watching constantly.

He must of heard the door click and turned around, he looked over me and I could tell something was wrong, hell I knew something was wrong from the bubble forming in the pit of my stomach.

“Alex” he finally spoke after moments of looking at me.

“yes” I answered quietly.

He stepped closer and sat on the edge of the bed, patting the spot next to him for me to sat a seat. I walked around and instead sat on the recliner chair next to the window that was in the sun, I was sick of laying on the bed and I think that made me more depressed.

“I'm guessing you heard what your dad said then?” he broke the silence.

I nodded “pretty hard not to hear someone call my fiance a murder” I muttered and he shot me a look, maybe I shouldn't have said that.

“can I explain before you hear it from your parents?” he asked “or you just going to think the worst of me?”

“I could never think the worst of you Blake, I don't want to know what happened, just promise to always love and protect me and that will be enough for me” I stood up and walked towards him, stopping so I was between his legs with my hands resting on his shoulders.

He looked up at me and pulled me closer into his body “I don't know how I got so lucky with you, your amazing Lex” he said into my shirt as he kissed me lightly.

“so can I go home now?” I groaned pulling a face.

“yes, let's go home” he smiled as he stood up, my neck bending backwards as I tilted it up to look at him, his bend lent down as he kissed my lips “I love you” he mumbled over my mouth softly.

Blake picked up my bags and we walked out of that room, I felt the weight lifting off my shoulders when I finally stepped out into the fresh air, Blake had parked close by and helped me into the car, placing the bag in the back and coming around his side, starting the car up and making the way home.