Chapter Twenty Seven

“what do you mean may have?” I slowly asked him as Chris had been a little too speechless to utter a word since Blake told us his confession five minutes ago.

“I hit her” he breathed out “I'm sorry Lex I know I shouldn't have”

“Blake” I closed my eyes shut tight and choked on a sob, I was no means upset at all, she deserved to have her jaw snapped from her face.

“I'll fix it” Chris spoke “don't worry about anything, just take my spot and I will make the call” Chris finally found his voice and started to shift underneath me.

“that's not all” Blake added quickly.

Chris sunk back down in the bed “well go on, by all means continue” he sighed wrapping his arms back around me.

“I lost control, I was so angry and I think if Brooke didn't stop me I would have killed her, I really lost it, she was laughing and saying I deserved it, and then she came at me, I really fucked up and I don't know what to do” he looked at me, his eyes were starting to water and now I started to worry, what the hell has he done that has him so worked up and terrified looking.

“Blake” Chris spoke “what happened?”

“she's in emergency surgery” he finally answered, only loud enough for us to just hear.

“how?” Chris asked right away.

I didn't want to know the details so Blake and his dad went outside to talk, I didn't care what happened to her, I really didn't care if she died on the operating table, she deserved it. Hell she deserved to have her whole body laid out and tied up to a table so the chainsaw massacre guy could play with her for a few days, or whenever she finally bled out and died.

“you'd have to be the hottest patient ever” I turned towards the door as I heard that cheeky voice speak.

“what are you doing here?” I asked as Jock and Jessie walked over, both taking turns to place a kiss on my forehead.

“we heard and we're really sorry Tess” Jessie gave a weak smile as he took a seat where Blake sat while Jock laid down on the bed and made himself comfortable.

“thanks” I wanted to smile but I just couldn't right now, I was hurting to badly.

“we also heard you wasn't eating” Jock scolded “so we brought you a box of chocolates and we thought about bringing a bottle of vodka but didn't think we'd be aloud to get in with that” he laughed.

“let me guess Blake told you to come and force feed me?” I asked giving them both a questioning look.

“yeah” they both muttered in response.

It was the thought that counted I guess, but I just couldn't eat, I didn't feel hungry, not just yet anyway.

“so tell me the gossip at the bar, anything to make me laugh” I asked them both, the less I had to think about Thomas and Lily the better. I didn't want to have all my thoughts consumed with that, not in here, not right now at least.

And so Jock dived in and divulged me in on his latest antics, his women he had been picking up, the guys he almost got in a fight with, then the biggest shocker of all was Jessie went out on a date, he had asked a woman out and cooker her dinner, Jock asked if he got laid and Jessie actually blushed slightly, so then conversation headed to make sure Jessie knew what he was doing in the sack, he assured Jock he knew things that would even surprise both of us.

The door opened again and Brody walked in, holding a bag of Mc donalds and I knew this was another attempt at getting me to eat something.

Jessie and Jock took off and told me to take a month off at least, that I wasn't aloud back until I was ready, I couldn't even think about work right now.