Part Twenty-Eight (Jack's POV)

It had been a week since my huge blowup with Elizabeth, and she had gotten over it pretty quickly. I had already asked Johnson to be my best man, to which he gladly accepted. We already had our tuxes picked out and we sent in our measurements so they could be altered. I decided to go into the home office to work on some papers for the hospital. I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Daddy?" Elizabeth asked.
"What's up buttercup?" I asked pulling her up on my chair with me.
"You're not too old to sit on your daddy's lap," I told her.
"I know daddy, but I came to ask if we could go to Ivivva?" she said with a hopeful look on her face.
"Is that the place we went to a few years ago? I thought mom took you a couple weeks ago?" I said. She nodded and began to give me puppy dog eyes.
"Fine, let's get in the car," I said. We drove over to the mall and walked in. Right away, I heard a familiar voice. Oh shit. It was Emma's mom. I grabbed Elizabeth's hand walking quickly, pulling her with me. I wanted to avoid Emma's mom at all costs. my chances were ruined when I heard Elizabeth yell out, "Hi, Grandma!"
I was screwed. I clenched my jaw and rolled my eyes. Emma's mom ran over to us, her high heels clicking on the floor. She was so thin that I could imagine if she were to make one wrong move, she'd just snap like a twig. She smelled like she had bathed in old-lady floral perfume and her red lipstick was definitely not suited for her age. It was obvious that her blonde hair was dyed because the grey roots were showing slightly. She was so fake I thought to myself. People just needed to age gracefully. She was smacking on her gum like a cow.
"Hey hon," she said pecking Elizabeth's cheek, leaving a red stain. I bent down to wipe Elizabeth's face.
"Jack, what are you doing here," she snorted.
"Oh hi, Angelina!" I replied, ignoring her snide comment. Angelina, who was Emma's mom, gave me a rude stare and walked away.
"Isn't my grandma the best?" Elizabeth aksed, a genuine grin upon her face.
"Totally," I said, an obvious pissy tone in my voice. Elizabeth didn't seem to pick up on it and she dragged me into her stores. I needed to tell Emma about this right when we got home.