Part Sixteen (Emma's POV)

I didn't want anyone to know, but part of me was jealous. I still had feelings for Jack. But I figured I'd let him marry Emily and be happy. I could find somebody. I mean, who wouldn't want to be with a dental hygienist who also happened to be a single mom? Okay. So maybe my dating pool was slightly limited. I couldn't believe Jack was getting married in only two weeks. I hated that I was jealous. Part of me had so much love for Jack. We had a baby together! But at the same time, part of me disliked him. I kept blaming things on him for leaving, but I knew that it really was my fault. If I hadn't left when I was pregnant, Jack and I would still be together. On the night I left L.A., I remember Johnson called me right when I had landed telling me about how destroyed Jack G. was. He was desperate to have me back and I made him the bad guy when he really was innocent. When I thought about it, I did prevent him from having a relationship with his daughter, and I also screwed over Elizabeth. I realized I was a crazy bitch. I went up to my bedroom and started balling my eyes out. I tried to stop, but I couldn't. Elizabeth opened my door.
"Mom, are you okay?" she asked gently. She was so thoughtful and sweet. Those were other traits she had inherited from Jack.
"Yes. I'm just a little sad," I said. Elizabeth came over to me and hugged me tightly.
"Are you sad that daddy's getting married? Don't worry that you aren't married, because I'll always love you," she said.
"Yes, I'm sad for me, but happy for your father. And I will always love you too," I told her. We sat together for a few minutes. I looked at the clock which read 11:38. Holy shit. We needed to get to sleep.