Part Five (Jack's POV)

I sat on my couch hunched over holding a picture of Elizabeth, just staring at it. She was beautiful. She had more of my features than she had Emma's. The only thing like Emma's were here eyes. They were emerald green. Emma's parents had kept in contact with me throughout the pregnancy, and also sent me monthly updates on how Elizabeth was doing. Sometimes I would hear some news about Emma, but not much. The phone rang. Emma was calling again.
"Hey," I answered.
"Look, I know it's kinda late, but I was wondering if you'd like to come to Elizabeth's seventh birthday party. It's next Saturday," she said. I walked over to my fridge and looked at my calendar. I didn't have anything to do next Saturday.
"Sure. I'll get a ticket online tonight. I wonder if that ticket from when I found out about your pregnancy would still be valid," I joked.
"I guess you'll have to see about that. If you don't mind, could we talk a bit more?" she asked.
"I suppose," I sighed. I didn't really feel like talking to Emma, and besides, I thought she wanted to cut all ties. I guess that was seven years ago.
"So you still live in L.A.?" Emma asked.
"Yeah. I actually still live in the same house. Johnson moved out about three years ago when he got married. He has a son now," I told her. I was surprised that she hadn't mentioned Elizabeth yet.
"I have a small place out here. We're quite close to the ocean," she said.
"And how is Elizabeth doing?" I asked.
"Good," she paused for a moment, "She has lots of little friends and she does well in school. But she's painfully shy," Emma told me. That last part slightly worried me that Elizabeth might not want to meet me if she was shy.
"Well it's getting late. Goodbye," I said yawning.
"Bye. I'll call tomorrow to tell you all the details for the party," she said.