Part Twenty-One (Jack's POV)

A/N: I listened to "Bright" by Echosmith while writing this, and I think you'd enjoy listening to it while reading this.

Emma and Elizabeth's flight was set to land at 7:00 and it was 6:30. I finished setting up snacks and the bedrooms. Everything needed to be organized and perfect for the arrival and proposal. I had the ring box in the pocket of my maroon hoodie. I examined my outfit. Come on Jack. Were khakis and a hoodie to casual for a proposal? I was so stressed. I ended up staying in those clothes. I had to pick them up from the airport soon, I left. When I got there, Emma and Elizabeth just started waking towards me from a baggage claim carousel. I kissed Elizabeth's head and hugged her. I pulled both of them into a tight hug. The ride to my house was ale are and silent. When we got home, we put the suitcases away and sat in the living room. I gave Elizabeth the t.v. remote. I looked at the guide. Whatever happened to good t.v., like Keeping Up With The Kardashians and South Park? All the shows on nowadays were just shitty. Emma and I began talking about how Elizabeth was doing in school. She could tell I was nervous.
"Honey, are you alright?" Emma asked.
"Um, yeah," I swallowed. We decided to go into the kitchen to make some dinner. Emma was turned around at the stove. Now was the perfect time. I got down on my knee and took the ring out of the box. I used my sound system remote to start playing "Bright". It was our song. I waited for her to turn, and she did within seconds.
"Oh, this is our so-," she began, but she realized I was on my knee with a ring.
"Emma Alexandria Harris, I loved you since I first met you. Your were a fearless free spirit. That hasn't changed. I know I wasn't there for you. I should've followed you wherever you went. I know that I've said I wanted us to be together and I've broken too many promises. But this time. I mean it. I really do. When I think of my future, I see you and Elizabeth. I love you so much, and I was wondering, would you marry me," I said running out of breath. She had tears forming in her eyes.
"Yes, Jack. I love you too," she said. I kissed her and looked up at Elizbeth. She was even tearing up, but she was smiling. My life was one step closer to perfection.