Part Twelve (Jack's POV)

A/N: I highly recommend playing Chicago's "If You Leave Me Now" while reading this chapter. It may be tacky, but it fits well with this chapter.

I woke up contemplating on whether or not I should stay in bed until Emma woke up. I immediately had a bad feeling about being with Emma again for some reason, and it just struck me in that moment. I kept saying I wanted a family, but I still didn't think I was ready. I guess Emma was right the first time. I still loved Emma and Elizabeth, but I felt like I was just doing something wrong. I gently pushed Emma off me as I attempted to get out of bed. Oh shit. I thought to myself as I realized I woke her up.
"Jack? Are you awake?" she asked sheepishly.
"Um...yeah. But I've gotta go. I can't do this Emma. I need to go to L.A.," I whispered.
"What! Jack, you can't leave us. Not again. I'm not letting this happen. What about your day with Elizabeth? What about wanting to be in her life?" She protested.
"I can't," I said quietly.
"What about us? As a family?" she questioned.
"I honestly have no clue about what to do anymore," I replied, my voice breaking.
"Well it seems like you don't give a shit about us anymore! How can you do this? You want to be here, but you leave, and it's the same thing every damn time! This is why I left in the first place! I should've never called you back," Emma yelled. She was in full-blown tears.
"Maybe this is the way it should be, huh?" I retorted, leaving. I angrily grabbed my bag. I was a wreck. I popped into Elizabeth's room and kissed her forehead. She was still asleep. I had to get out I the house before Emma saw or heard me crying. What the hell was I doing with my life? I called a taxi for the airport and went back home.