Chapter 49 - Bittersweet

Start from the beginning

I whipped my head back to Kira who stared at where Malia lay unconscious, attacking while she was distracted, but her fast reflexes proved useful to her as her sword lashed out yet again, this time cutting my arm, but doubling my rage as I roared at her.

"Anna!" Stiles practically screamed, drawing my attention to him before I could attack Kira again. Liam stood next to him, claws out apparently getting ready for me. "Anna, listen to me." I smiled, overly amused by the desperation in his voice as I calmly stepped closer, now back to human form. No one ran at me, leaving Stiles to try and get through. "You can control this, I know you can."

My smile dropped as I flicked my claws out again and let my eyes glow, but nothing more.

"No don't." Stiles stopped Liam when he went to make a move. The beta stepped back, leaving only Stiles in my sight, completely ignoring the fight behind me unlike everyone else who was frequently glancing over to Peter and Scott. "Anna, remember what you said at the school. You said you would always choose Scott and me, Anna. You said it. So choose us now." I stopped walking as Stiles nodded a little.

***

"Stiles..." I wasn't sure if he could hear it, I barely heard myself. "You know I'd chose you and Scott over Peter, right?"

"What?" I could hear a slight sob in his voice, but I couldn't see it, I couldn't see anything.

"I heard you... before... I would never..."

"Hey, hey, I know, I know. It's okay." I felt him brush back a strand of hair before I felt him turn and yell again. "Scott!!!"

***

"You can do this, Anna." Stiles continued. "I know you can. You stayed in control on the way here for Scott. You can do it again. I know you can. You've done it before." He pleaded.

***

"Anna... I need you to stay with me. I'm not leaving until you come back." Isaac said, looking me in the eye.

"You really aren't are you?" I smiled at Isaac as I slowly came back to reality.

He smiled back, "Never."

***

But Isaac did leave. I was better on my own. It was easier that way. A growled again and began to advance as Stiles held up his hands defensively.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What did my dad say?!" Stiles yelled. "What did you say Anna? On the phone."

"You really don't give up do you, Stiles." I said in a disgusted voice.

"No." He breathed, shaking his head slowly. "I won't. I heard my dad on the phone before, now what did you promise him?" Stiles demanded, knowing the answer, but wanting me to say it myself. I shook my head. "Anna..." Stiles breathed.

***

"Keep him safe, yeah? Watch out for him?" He asked.

I looked up at Stiles, still holding the phone and smiled, "Yeah. Always do."

***

I felt a coolness in my eyes as they faded to their normal colour and I stopped the low growls that came from deep within my chest, suddenly becoming very aware of Liam's ready stance of attack standing next to Malia who had at some point got up ready to defend Stiles and then Kira standing beside me, sword ready... then the roars and pained grunts from Peter and Scott from behind. I looked over my shoulder at my best friend and the traitor in the middle of a fight that seemed to go on and on, but Peter was winning as he threw Scott around.