Chapter 21

"-is-" Jason got cut off by the door opening slightly. Oliver peeked his head in the room.
"Um, can I come in?" He asked quietly. Everyone stayed quiet.
"Of course" Michelle spoke up. Everyone turned to look at her.

"Are you sure?" Nathan asked and she nodded. Oliver entered the room and everyone started glaring at him. Everyone except Michelle and Maggie.
"H-how are you?" Oliver asked awkwardly.

"I'm okay. What about you?" Michelle asked.
"Fine, I guess" he replied while everyone just kept glaring at him.
"Hey! Leave him alone! He made a mistake. Didn't I do the same?!" Michelle exclaimed. Almost everyone's gaze soften.
"I-I should just leave" Oliver said quietly.

"You can stay" Michelle said.
"No, I-I can't. I'm not suppose to be h-here" and with that, he walked out.

5 days later...

"Well, now I can finally get out of here" Michelle said.
"What are we gonna do with Oliver?" Nathan asked.
"How should I know?" Michelle shrugs. Just then, a nurse walked in.

"Well, Ms. McHein, you can leave today. But I need to talk to you about Oliver" she said.
"What is it? Is he okay?" Michelle asked worriedly. Yeah, he tried to kill her, but she still loved him as her nephew.

"Well, since we don't want what happened to happen again, we need to send him to an asylum here in Minnesota" the nurse explained. Michelle frowned and glared at the nurse.

"WHAT?!" Michelle said, anger clear in her voice.
"You were very hurt. We need to help him" the nurse said.
"It won't happen again. He's better!" Michelle argued.
"Michelle, calm down. She's right" Nathan tried to calm her down.

"Nathan, they can't send Oliver to an asylum! He's just 17 and he didn't know what he was doing!" Michelle yelled.
"Yeah, and you were 9 and you didn't know what you were doing either" Nathan snapped. Tears started forming in Michelle's eyes. Michelle bit her lip so she didn't say anything bad.

"F-fine. H-how l-long is h-he gonna b-be there?" Michelle said, tears threatening to spill.
"2 years" the nurse answered simply. A tear ran down Michelle's cheek.
"O-okay" the nurse walked out.

"Thanks for making me feel like shit again" Michelle growled at Nathan.
"Look, I'm sorry. It's just that you get really protective of Oliver. You know he deserves to go there. He needs help" he explained.

"Whatever. Let's just go home" Michelle said as she slowly got up.

Back in Chicago...

Michelle hadn't said a word to Nathan ever since he said that at the hospital.
"Michelle, please talk to me" Nathan begged as they entered the house. She stayed silent.

"Come on, you haven't talk to me since we left the hospital"

Silence.

Michelle looked at him and shook her head. She walked to her room and slammed the door shut. Nathan sighed and walked towards her door.
"Michelle, please talk to me. I was mad okay? I didn't want anyone to hurt you and he did" he said through the door.

"I know he hurt me, Nathan. Yeah, over there was hell but he is still my nephew. The asylum is another hell. That's why I didn't want him to go" Michelle said from inside the room. It was the first time she talked in 8 hours.

"Please open the door" Nathan begged. She opened the door slightly and Nathan pulled her into a tight hug.
"I won't let anyone hurt you ever again"

"Okay. Can you leave now? I wanna be alone" she said quietly.
"You're not gonna hurt yourself right?" He asked as he pulled away from the hug. She shook her head.

"I'm just gonna fix this" she pointed to her hair, which was a big mess. Some was shorter, some was longer and it had a really messy cut.
"Oh, okay" he gave her a weak smile before walking out.

*?????' POV* (I'm sorry... Another one...)

I can't believe it has been 18 years. I miss her so much. I can't believe Maggie helped Oliver hurt her after I especially told her to protect her. I still have the note from the first day... I don't think she even remembers...

I opened the letter for the thousand time and read it:

"Today you will find somebody that will change you!"

She definitely changed me...
_______________________
Okay, I think you already now who it is... Sorry if it's crappy asf. I know it is. Also, it's gonna end soon... And they're gonna be A LOT of time skips... X3 Love ya, gummies!
Bye!
Allie<3🐤