Chapter 20

"Okay, Nathan and Samantha are gonna try to be here as soon as possible" Jason said as he sat down next to Abella.
"Let's just hope they make in time" Maggie said as more tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Hey, don't worry. They're gonna be fine. Have hope" Abella tried to comfort Maggie.
"It's all my fault. I knew he was torturing her and I didn't say anything. I didn't help her. It's all my fault" Maggie cried.

"Stop blaming yourself"

5 hours later...

"What is taking so long?!" Maggie exclaimed worriedly.
"Maggie, just calm down" Abella said.
"But, we've been here for 5 hours and no doctors have come to tell us about Michelle!" Maggie huffed.

Before Abella could open her mouth, a doctor came in the waiting room.
"Michelle McHein?" The doctor asked looking around the waiting room. The three of them stood up and walked towards the doctor.

"You may see her now" he said before giving them a small smile.
"Is she alright?" Maggie asked, her voice filled with worry.
"She is okay now, but she still has to stay here a few more days" they all nodded before walking in Michelle's room.

"Hey" Michelle greeted as she sat up carefully.
"Oh my God, Michelle! I'm so so sorry" Maggie exclaimed as she ran towards he and pulled her into a hug. Michelle stayed quiet.
"How are you feeling?" Jason asked.

"I'm feeling okay. Just that I have a thousand cuts, and a damn hole in my shoulder" Michelle shrugged. "Where's Oliver?" She asked.
"We haven't seen him in 5 hours" Abella answered.
"You shoot him didn't you?" Michelle asked quietly.

"I had to. Maggie and I had orders from our boss" Jason replied.
"Oh"

3 more hours later...

"Have you talked to Sam and Nathan?" Michelle asked.
"Yeah. We called them like, 8 hours ago. They should be here any moment-" the door burst open revealing Nathan and Sam with a worried look on their faces.

Nathan ran towards Michelle and pulled her into a tight hug.
"I'm so glad you're okay" he said, barely above a whisper.
"Who took you?" He asked as he looked down at her.
"Don't be mad. It was Oliver and Maggie" she replied. Nathan's eyes widened.

"Maggie?" He looked towards Maggie, who was sitting in a hospital chair with her head down. She didn't say anything.
"Where's Oliver?" Sam asked before Nathan did something he would regret.

"I don't know anything" a nurse walked into the room.
"Are you guys the family of Oliver McHein?" The nurse asked with a sweet tone. They all nodded.
"He's okay, just has to rest for a couple of days so his shoulder can heal" she announced. They just nodded again. The nurse walked out and everyone stayed silent.

"So, you two" Michelle said pointing at Jason and Maggie. "What the heck do you guys me by 'our boss'" she asked.
"Um, uh, well... You see, he... Didn't want you to get hurt by Oliver" they both stuttered.
"Why would someone care for me-" she noticed Nathan glaring at her. "Ahem, I mean... Why would he care about me?" She asked.

"He... Just doesn't want you to get hurt..." Maggie replied.
"And may I ask who this 'boss' is?"
"Well.... He's name is..."