New Mission, Right Away?

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," I say, "for telling me more about yourself. I've been wanting to hear more about it. You know all about my life, I am glad I am getting to know yours." 

The drive passes without another serious conversation. We listened to lots of music. I added songs from all the decades that Steve missed. His favorite seems to be the seventies. He really enjoyed the disco. Heavy metal and electronic pop were hard passes from him. 

"How does anyone listen to this stuff?" he says, throwing his hands up in confusion. 

After a long drive, we finally pulled into the apartment complex. The movers quickly begin pulling boxes off the truck. Steve stays outside, watching them take his bike off of the truck. I head inside, organizing the boxes as they come up. 

The apartment has a similar set up to the ones we had in New York, except for the fact that we were now sharing one apartment. There are two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a big kitchen and living area. I separate my boxes from Steve's and start unpacking. Our furniture arrived here before us, making moving in a lot easier. I unpack for about thirty minutes before Steve comes into the apartment. He leans in the doorway of my room and crosses his arms over his chest. 

"It's getting pretty late," I look up at him from the floor as I organize my drawers. He looks very sweet, the soft light from the living room lamp creating a haze of light around him. I smile, feeling the fatigue flood to my face. He smiles over to me. "Fury probably wants us early tomorrow." I nod. 

"Can you come help me up?" I ask, lifting my arms. He flashes me a smirk, uncrossing his arms and walking over to me. He pulls me up, bringing me face to face with him. My breath hitches in my throat and I take a short step back, smoothing my t-shirt down in the front. 

"I'll see you in the morning," I say. He shyly smiles, walking slowly out of my room. He shuts the door behind him as I collapse on the bed, immediately falling asleep. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to my phone beeping. I roll over to my night stand, picking up the phone and scanning the message. 

Report to Headquarters. 20 minutes. 

I quickly hop up, finding a catsuit in the pile of my clothes that I haven't yet put away in my closet. I throw my hair up into a quick ponytail and run to the bathroom to brush my teeth. As I run out of the apartment I grab a breakfast bar and head to base. 

As I get to base, I quickly spot the elevator. I hop in, frantically looking for buttons, my 20 minutes almost expiring. 

"Where would you like to go?" a nice voice asks. I look around for a screen and see my picture on the side of the elevator. I raise an eyebrow in suspicion. 

"I have a meeting with Director Fury," I say, looking up. The elevator starts and drops me off at one of the upper floors. The doors open and I look around, following some of the other agents until I see Fury standing outside of the office door. 

"Agent Stark, it's nice to see you here in D.C." he says, leading me into his office. I close the door behind the two of us and walk up to his desk. 

"This base is a lot nicer than New York," I say, taking in the huge open office and the sweeping view of the city. 

"Of course, all new tech makes the world of difference." He takes a seat behind his desk and passes a S.H.I.E.L.D. hard drive across the desk. "You and Rogers are going to be reporting to hangar four in two hours. There is a ship of pirates that have taken hostages. Rogers will be taking care of them, but you need to collect any and all S.H.I.E.L.D. intel that you can find on board." I nod my head, taking in the information.