"Ladies love intelligent men," he says with a smirk.

I burst out laughing, "Oh my god." I'm clutching my chest because the laughter my brother just brought me is giving me aches, but the good kind of aches. He still has his smirk plastered on his face, like he's the proudest person in the planet. He's such a goof.

As I'm cleaning the last of my tears a small frame appears by the door.

When I look over at my brother he's composed himself and has gone red. He clears his throat and repositions himself on the bed to a sitting position. His whole face has gone white.

"Hi, Nate." The girl by the door whispers and I barely hear her.

"Hey," a nervous response is given by Nate.

She's someone special. I can tell by his change of body language. A sting of jealousy creeps beside me.

The girl in front of me looks like she's older then my brother. She has on a white robe and her hair is in pigtails. She looks sick, but she also looks beautiful.

"Hi," I say getting off of the bed and walking towards her. "My names Maryann" I shake her hand and she shakes mine back.

"I know, Nate talks about you all the time. He also said you were beautiful and he wasn't lying" She smile brightly of him. I want to think that she's just kissing up to me because she likes my brother but her low voice and genuine smile makes me think otherwise.

I smile back at her and tell her to come in. She sits on the spare chair in the room and smiles at my brother. He smiles back.

"I'll come back later, Nate. Mom should be here soon"

"Okay," he quickly responds. I do a double take at his response. One because it was quick and two because he never wants me to leave. This girl has my baby brother in love.

"Okay." I say, picking up my jacket. "Behave,"

"Bye.." I start to dismiss myself to my brothers friend, but come up short when I don't know her name. I look over at my brothers friend for some help.

"Nexi," the little girl says

"Bye, Nexi" I smile at them both and walk out of the room.

As I exit the hospital, rain starts to pour down lightly. Great as if I need this right now. I speed walk to the end of the block and stand there for a few seconds. If I make a right I could be home in less then ten minutes, but if I make a left i'll be in Daniels neighborhood in fifteen minutes. My heart starts to accelerate. I can't decide wether I want to go home and cry or go to Daniel's house and work this out. Before I know it, I make a right to go back home.

Thirty seconds later I make a sharp turn backwards and head to Daniel's house. Here goes nothing.

*

I take a deep breath when I step in the porch. My hand shakes as I ring the doorbell. Before I can contemplate on leaving, the door opens and Melissa greets me with a bright smile.

"Maryann, Darling, thank god you're here."

"Hello mrs. Martinez" I smile back. I can hear my heart beating and it's making me more uncomfortable and nervous than before.

"I keep on telling you to call me Melissa."

"Sorry" I mumble.

"Come in" She leaves the door open for me to come in as she goes back to the kitchen. I shut the door behind me and stand in the doorway awkwardly as wait for someone to come out. I pick at my nails. I start to feel uncomfortable and keep on making any silly excuse to leave this house and never come back. Why hurt myself more than I already have?