Family

Chapter 19:

(Song for this chapter: Everything I Didn't Say by 5 Seconds Of Summer)

-Kiara-

I can't believe Luke got me this. Of all things. He had everyone shout surprise and everything and all it is, is a plate of home-made cookies and a bin of Ben & Jerry. I was really busy with Calum and he stops me for this.

I mean I love it but he didn't need to make a big deal for a plate of cookies. When I grab the plate, I notice a note attached to the center of it.

The words 'Turn Around' were written in the center and I do as told.

I slowly turn, scared of someone popping up in front of me or water dumped on me, but that didn't happen. Instead, a white rose in set down next to my feet with another note attacked, tied to the stem.

This one said 'I wish I could rewind all the times that I didn't show you what you're really worth.....
Go into the kitchen'

I slowly head to the kitchen, re-reading the note over and over again. I hold the rose with a tight grip. The plate of cookies and ice team in my other hand.

In there, Liz stood leaning against the counter with another white rose next to her. I placed the tray of cookies down to grab and read this note.

'The way, you held me, I wish that I had put you first. I was wrong I admit, numb from your kiss, while you were slipping through my fingertips.....
I loved the way we danced, go back to where that took placed.'

I head outside onto the patio where Luke and I danced together. The whole point of being with Calum was so that I could forget Luke, but how could I now. I still remember everything. Another white rose was set on the floor with a note of course.

'I wish I could of made you stay
And I'm the only one to blame
I know that it's a little too late
This is everything I didn't say....
Ive been doing a lot of thinking lately. About us. Turn around.'

I turn to see Luke standing there with red roses piled in his hands. One last note attached. I take them away from him and read it out loud.

"Holding onto a broken and empty heart. Flowers I should've bought, all the hours I lost, wish I could bring it back to the start....
I'm sorry for hurting you and seeing you run away brought me pain as well. I invited you over and threw you this whole party to fix your broken heart. I wanted to be there for you at one of your weak points but all I did was make things worse and sent you running away upstairs for a different escape and for that I'm sorry. Look up." I finish reading this then re-read it in my mind just to make sure I read it correctly the first time. Then, I look up.

Luke is standing before me with a weak smile on his face. "Friends?" He asks. I nod and run into his arms hugging him. He holds me tight and doesn't let go. "Let's go dance." he whispers to me when the song changes to something very upbeat.

-Luke (after their performance)-

We had just finished the last song and the whole time I could not get my eyes off Kiara. She swayed so perfectly to everything we played. I pictured the moment we kissed. Everything felt good and right but also forced. I want something real and that wasn't it.

Behind her I spotted Nicole. She was cheering me on every step of the way. I could here her loud screams for up stage. We we finished the last song she bites down hard on her lip and waves shyly at me and I wink. She was real. I didn't know why but she wanted to be with me and I'm not going to miss out on that.