Liz Hemmings is a True Hero

Chapter 17:

***Liz Hemmings is a True Hero. This is true in so many ways. Just the fact that she gave birth to Luke makes her a hero. But in this chapter, even though Kiara never says it, Liz is a hero to her.***

(Songs for this chapter:

'Til I Forget About You by Big Time Rush,

Same Mistakes by One Direction,

Heartbreak Girl by 5 Secongs of Summer,

Gotta Be You by One Direction,

Heartbeat by The Fray,

Taken by One Direction,

and Everything I Didn't Say by 5 Seconds of Summer)

-Kiara-

"Do you still want that dance?" Calum asks me, standing up and reaching his hand out for me to grab. I nod and take his hand. He pulls me up and then picks a random song to play.

We start to sway to the music just like the night before. He spins me out then pulls me back in, my back to his chest, and we continue to sway.

"How long do I have to do this?" He whispers into my neck.

"Until the song is over. Now shh. Stop talking." I hush him. He leaves a light kiss on my cheek before spinning me out, then bringing me back in, now face to face. We are a hair's width apart from each other. I take a -what I hope is an unnoticeable- step back but he just gets closer.

"Calum. Are you sure you're okay?" I ask concerned.

"Look who's talking now." He says with a smirk on his face.

"Im serious."

He turns me once more, back to the position I was earlier, which my back to his chest. He's so tall, my head fits under his neck. I can feel his heart beating at a calm, relaxed pace.

"I'm fine. Okay? I'm okay. Let's just dance right now, in this moment." I don't say anything to this, just nod.

Calum dips me, then pulls me back up, holding me closer and tighter, which I didn't even think was possible. His hands slid down to my waist and mine are around his neck. We're so close and everything is warm and fuzzy around us.

From behind us, I can hear the three boys come outside. They all loudly pile in around us, just watching.

"May I cut in?" Luke says boldly, as he approaches us. Calum gives me one last kiss on my head then hands me over to Luke.

His places one of his hands on my waist and the other laces with my fingers, which fits perfectly into his. I place my free hand on his shoulder and we start dancing. Taking one step back, one to the side the forward then to the side and repeat.

We dance in a circular motion and when the song ends, we still continue. He finally jury stops, bends down, leave a kiss on my hand, then walks away like nothing happened.

What just happened? What am I doing with my life? I ask myself. It's all just a live-in-the-moment type of thing. Just like Blondie was. I try to convince myself but I'm not sure if it worked or not. Let's just pray it did.

I sit down in the middle of the floor and check my phone. It's been buzzing in my ass this whole time and it's honestly really annoying. It's just a bunch of missed messages from Blondie -excuse me, Carson- that I don't bather to open, just a delete. My phone suddenly rings and it's him again.