This, Is My Story: Part 50

I sit back in the car

New York, the central place to where I live, New York, bright lights, major important stores, and no one cares who you are. The place can seem a little dirty and turbulent but hay that New York for you.

"We can stay in a hotel for a day, then we have to come back for detention and shit" He says taking me out of my trance.

"Oh Okay" I hesitate, a hotel with Josh, the jock of the whole school who I hated in the beginning of the year, who only wanted sex from me but ended up setting me up with his pretty much brother. I silence my thoughts.  But he has a girlfriend,Stop!

 We go through the tunnel and instant traffic stops the car, My phone vibrates and Amina comes up on caller ID, I pick up because I know if I don't she'll trace the phone and tell my Uncle, he'll not care, then call me and talk about how uptight Amina is currently with the baby's on the way and shit.

"Hello Amina" I say answering the phone

"Where the hell do you go, who do you tell these things?" She questions me yelling into the phone

"Well, I can go anywhere I want because I have freedom an d I tell whom ever I want" I say cleverly 

"Where are you, I'm going to pick you up" 

"This is exactly my point, I don't want to tell any one of my where abouts because this will happen like it did all the time before with my real mother, She used to become too protective and instantly jump into action, bullshit really since I am protected in many ways" I instantly stop talking knowing that I've given too much information. 

"I am your mother" 

"Oh Bullshit, control your hormones and stop crazy calling me on your free time!" I say as I hang up on her and add her to my block list. I know many thing Amina can be doing currently instead of calling me and nagging me. Josh looks at me with complete confusion, I like flash him a smile and go back to looking around anxiously. We finally turn left on 7th ave and the driver stops at the curb.

"Thanks Bro" Josh says as we get out the car, they high five.

"You coming back by train?" Josh's brother asks him 

"No I'm going to call Gwen by the morning" Josh answers

"You know how she get's in New York!"

"Indeed I do know" 

"Whatever bro" Josh's brother says as he drives off

"Bye Ace" I wasn't expecting Ace, something more like Damon or Gerald but Ace isn't that bad, it's better then Steve.

Josh and I link arms as we walk farther into time square, I aim to go to XXI looking around over head, only finding various toy shops and clothing stores, We find American Eagle Outfitters and we go in, My phones goes off and I see it's Jena I pick

"Sup" I say as I pick up a shirt

"Jaremy's back!" She tells me

"Boo" I say with a frown dropping the shirt

"And also...." She hesitates 

"Also?" 

"We got into DECCA's Summer Camp!" She screams through the phone

I Instantly start screaming at the top of my lungs and no one turns around, that's how you know you're in New York.  Josh shoots me a "knock it off" look then I instantly stop and walk out of the store. Josh stays in the store looking around. I run outside and stand at the corner of the sidewalk, I whistle for a taxi and sure as hell, none of them stop.

"Hell o there pretty little girl" a random dude with a hand full of CD's says to me. I approach him

"I'm trying to get my label out, what's your name sweetie?" He asks

"Stephanie" I say smiling wide

He signs the CD quickly spelling my name wrong: Stef

"I also need a little something, a little donation, anything" That was the trick I so desperately fell for, a compliment, they get your name on some thing then it's instantly yours, you have to pay! I'm trapped I don't want him to get anything out of me since I only have 100 and sure as hell he's going to probably take half. I instantly run dropping the Cd, well actually throwing it in his face, he runs after me.

"That's the wrong choice sweetie" he yells after me

"Go to hell!" I yell back at him while he gains speed

I try to find a police officer and sure as hell I find one, I instantly run towards him and stand my his side panting, the officer gives me all of his attention. The guy stops staring at the officer and I. 

"Scammer" I say to the officer, which gets him into action mode.

"What" the Cd dude asks confused 

"Harassment as well" I whisper to the officer over all the traffic.

The officer steps forward and the Cd ran walks back to his post, honestly I wanted him to getarrested but they never really do so he better go to Brooklyn to do that, or the Bronx, he'll get jumped on the spot when he asks for money.

I call Rick and tell him to pick me up, he arrives in 15 minutes in front of Forever 21, I run into the car and he presses on the gas.

"You ditched the kid" Rick says looking at Josh on his phone

"He had a ride" I say looking in the other direction. "Now drive, please" I beg Rick.