epilogue

august 21st, 2019

It was a warm day in Munich surprisingly and the Götze family was sitting in the Lewandowski's kitchen on Robert's 30th birthday patiently waiting for Robert to walk through the door.

Some other friends of Robert's stood around talking and watching all the small children run around the backyard. Mario was walking back and forth, being the ref for the little kids football game. 

Of course Valerie Götze was dominating the game considering her watching her father play in the Bundesliga, but so was Rose Lewandowski who was older than most of them and pretty skilled for such a young age.

Anna and Bruna watched from the patio and quietly chatted. "I hope it's a boy." Anna said as she rubbed her protruding stomach. She was seven months and refused to find out the gender of the baby till birth. Bruna just nodded her head while brushing her finger on her wedding ring.

The two women watched the small kids play and laughed when they forced Mario to be their  goalie which resulted in him getting hit in the face several times.

After fifteen minutes of Mario dodging footballs he excused himself and walked over to his wife. "Talking about me?" He said to Bruna as he sat in the chair next to her. Anna laughed and soon Bruna joined in. "Yes." Bruna admitted and Mario scratched the back of his neck with his hand.

"Wow that hurt.." Mario pretended to be sad, but ended up grinning at Bruna. He couldn't believe how lucky of a guy he was to have the most beautiful woman in the world. Sure, they had ups and downs, Mario knew they could never be perfect, but he loved his imperfect family.

Mario and Bruna had gotten married four months ago, it was a small wedding in Munich with family and friends. The public didn't know about the wedding till they spotted Mario wearing his wedding ring at training.

The Götze's ended up moving in to the neighborhood next to the Lewandowski's in Munich. Mario and Robert were some of the major faces in Bayern, even bigger than before.

From the backyard, everyone could hear the front door open up and Robert walk through. The kids hid under the tables and the adults waited patiently for him to walk out from the back door.

Robert stepped out on to the backyard deck and the noise of people saying surprise filled the air. "Another surprise party?" Robert laughed and hugged Anna. Bruna got up to hug Robert, "Happy Birthday old man."

Rose came out from under the table with Valerie and both of them hugged Robert. "Happy Birthday Uncle Robbie." Valerie said looking up at Robert. The footballer smiled down at his god daughter.

All of the children resumed their football game and tried to drag Manuel to come be their goalie. He was reluctant, but little Drew Müller refused to play without him. Drew pulled Manuel all the way to the goal in the backyard and all the kids started to pelt footballs at him.

Manuel refused to be beat and managed to only let two balls in out of the hundreds kicked his way.

Bruna sat back down with Anna at the picnic table when Robert came over and joined them. "Where are they?" He said to Anna, but Bruna caught on to what he said and raised her eyebrow. Robert looked over at Bruna and started to speak, but before she could make anything out of it the backyard erupted in noise.

"The traitor!" Thomas yelled jokingly making Bruna look where everyone else's eyes were. There was Thiago Alcantara hand in hand with Layna Perez. Layna had her other hand intertwined with a little girl who looked just like Thiago.

Although it had been years since they had last seen eachother, Bruna's heart dropped and little did she know that Thiago's did the same when he saw her.

The little girl quickly let go and ran over to Rose and hugged her. The two seemed to be inseparable and Valerie stood by Rose quietly, but the little girl greeted Rose.

Thiago and Layna detached from one another as Thiago greeted his old Bayern teammates. Robert got up from the picnic table and kissed Anna's cheek before welcoming Thiago.

Anna looked at Bruna after and Bruna kept her eyes focused on the picnic table. "I'm not mad Anna, it was a long time ago and things are incredibly different now." Bruna broke the silence and looked up at her best friend.

Mario shook hands with Thiago and greeted him like an old friend. Thiago's eyes were glued to the wedding ring on Mario's finger, "You got hitched huh?"

The noise around them seemed to lower as everyone tried to listen in to the conversation between the two men. "Y-y-y-yeah.." Mario stuttered and held his hands casually behind his back. Thiago narrowed his eyes skeptically then his eyes wondered over to Bruna talking to Anna. He inspected her quickly and there was the truth.

Right on her finger was the wedding ring that binded her to Mario. "Wow man, good for you." Thiago tried to sound sincere, but the hurt in his voice was slightly evident.

Thiago knew he wasn't ever going to marry Bruna, but it had hurt. He hadn't even married Layna because he had been holding on to this old idea of a life with Bruna.

Although Bruna was his first love, Layna was the love of his life, that was were the two of them differed.

The party had died down later on in the night and Bruna had dismissed herself from the house to go on a walk outside. The rest of the families were inside playing board games and Thiago drifted out of the house quietly.

He stepped on to the sidewalk outside the front of the house and he could see Bruna ahead. He jogged up behind her and stopped next to her. "Hey." He looked at her and she jumped, "Uh hi Thiago."

"How are you?" He couldn't find anything else to say to her, "Good." Bruna answered. "You got married huh?" Bruna stopped and stared at Thiago when he said this. "What the hell Thiago, what do you want."

Thiago stepped back from her, "I'm sorry.. I just miss you sometimes" He hung his head low and focused his eyes on the ground. "It's been almost four years Thiago.." Bruna replied and stared him down. He didn't respond, but instead started to walk back towards the house.

"What were you expecting?" Bruna yelled from far away, Thiago turned around and looked at her. "Did you want me to come running back into your arms? Because that wasn't going to happen. Thiago we are older now and we both have families. I love my family and I hope you do to because you have an adoring wife and a beautiful little girl. You need to stop thinking about me and you, it was a long time ago. What we had was great, but I've moved on and you need to aswell."

In that moment Thiago felt free from his old life that was holding him back. Thiago walked back over towards Bruna and hugged her quickly. "Thank you." He managed to say smiling, then turned around and headed back to the house to gather his family and leave.

***

A/N

So that's the end of that! 😁 I'm gonna make another fic soon probably about Rafinha 😁 Well thank you to everyone that read this! I hope you all liked my first attempt at this. You guys are awesomeeee😊❤️