chapter seventeen ; the other side

september 30th, 2014 * thiago's pov *

So maybe I fucked up. I was rude and what I said to Bruna was horrible. It was one in the morning and I sat in my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I don't know what had possessed me to say those things to Bruna. I knew I broke her apart. It killed me inside thinking about it and I couldn't just lay here and accept it.

The injury has been hard for me and so has my surgery. It hurts to even watch my teammates play without me. It hurts to look at my cleats sit in my closet for months.

I don't know how to handle it and maybe that is why I lashed out at Bruna.

I waited another ten minutes in my bed, restless. Getting up, I threw on my sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants. My feet shuffled across the floor as I made my way to my front door.

The walk out of my apartment and to my car felt like forever. I started up my car and drove for a couple minutes stopping in front of Bruna's apartment building.

I breathed heavily as I got out, and looked up at the building. It was two in the morning, but luckily I had a key to get in.

I pushed the key through the keyhole and turned it slowly. After getting in I tried to make the least amount of noise because I didn't want to wake anyone up.

The walk up to Bruna's door was short and when I came face to face with her door I froze. Cries were coming from the other side of the door and they weren't just quiet sobs.

Bruna was crying louder than I thought was possible. She sounded broken and I almost turned around. I was scared to face her and I didn't want to see her hurt.

It would kill me to see her hurt, but I had to fix this one way or the other. It took all my courage to knock on her door.

The second my knuckles collided with the door to make the noise, the crying stopped. It was dead silent on the other side. Seconds later I heard feet hitting the ground coming towards the door.

I waited patiently as I heard the footsteps reach the door. There was nothing after that for a minute. I could see the shadow of Bruna's feet on the ground right behind the door through the crack on the ground.

She wasn't going to open the door for me. "Please go away Thiago." She whispered then a sniffling sound came after.

I leaned the top of my head against the door and sighed loudly. "I'm sorry Bruna." I knew this wouldn't cut it, but I couldn't put my apology into words. I knew what I had done was almost unforgivable.

"Me too." She responded before I heard her footsteps get farther and farther away from the door.

I knew she didn't want anything to do with me so I turned around on my heels and hung my head as I walked away. To say I was surprised that she didn't forgive me would be a lie.

No one deserves to be treated the way I treated her and I held on to the small hope that she would forgive me, but I knew it wouldn't happen.

Somehow I got back to my own apartment and went to bed before I could think about Bruna much more.

Hours later, I woke up and the sun wasn't present outside. The sky was gray and the sun wasn't in sight. It looked more like it was about to rain for the next couple of months.

After spending an hour on my phone in my bed, I finally got up and ate breakfast. These were the times where I craved practice and going to the training ground.

Later on in the day, I got invited to Manuel's to hangout with all the boys. When I got there, they were all screaming and yelling because of the intense game of football they were playing.

No one even looked my way as I walked towards them. The only one who saw me was Mario.

"Thiagooo!" The twenty-one year old slowly walked towards me, "You okay?" His face turned from happy to confused in seconds. I couldn't act like I was happy because I wasn't.

"I'm fine Mario." I responded, watching him sit down in the grass and untie his cleats. "You don't sound like it."

I scratched the back of my neck and sat in a chair next to him. "Just the whole injury thing." I trailed off and it was silent for a couple minutes while Mario stared at the ground.

"I heard about what happened with you and Bruna."

"Who told you." I looked down at him sitting in the grass, but he refused to look at me. "I found her crying, wasn't too hard to figure out."

I didn't want to know where Mario saw her. Quite frankly I was mad that Mario even talked to her. I've heard of their past from Robert and I wasn't loving the thought of them together.

Mario was a great friend, but he wasn't right for Bruna. Was I even right for Bruna? After all of these issues I debated whether I was or not.

I caused so much problems for her, but she did the same for me. Maybe that was the way relationships were supposed to be.

"Have you talked to her since..." I asked Mario. "No I haven't, she asked for time alone." I nodded my head at his answer, content with the fact that they haven't talked since.

I couldn't control who she wanted to be with and in the end if she wanted to be with him then I would let her. It is her choice and I just want her to be happy even if it doesn't include me.

***

A/N

THIAGO AND BRUNA PROBBBS. I love Marioooo, Well my ficcc is coming to an enddd. Thankyou for the views and likesss❤️