chapter eleven ; rio

may 20th, 2014 * thiago's pov *

I was out from March to May and when I come back. What happens?

I'm injured. Again.

Due to this injury I'm also out for my chance at the World Cup this summer in Brazil. The news of all this has hit me hard and I can only hope to come back for Bayern in August maybe.

* bruna's pov *

I walk out of my apartment building to the mailboxes and open up my mail slot with my key.

Inside there is a magazine and somewhat big package. Taking out the objects inside then locking my slot, I head back in to my building and towards the elevator. When I get back in to my apartment, I sit on my couch with the envelope.

Opening it up, a lined piece of paper falls out, a shirt of some sort and several what seems to be tickets.

I pick up the tickets and inspect them one by one. Tickets to the World Cup games for Germany. Germany vs. Portugal, Germany vs. USA, and Germany vs. Ghana. Then I pick up the shirt and realize it's a Götze shirt with the number 19 on the back.

There's also an airplane ticket to Brazil for June 10th. I check the lined paper afterwards to see messy handwriting.

"Dear Bruna,
Hope you can make it to the games, I would love for you to be there :)
Mario"

Mario and me aren't dating. Yes I've seen him a couple times when he visited Dortmund to see Robert and his friend Marco, but I wouldn't say we are more than friends either.

He is very sweet, but I don't think Mario could ever be the one for me. Besides he had just ended a relationship a couple of months ago with a girl named Ann-Kathrin.

The fact that he has bought the tickets for me and a plane ticket is a little much. I grab my phone from beside me and dial Mario's number. After a couple of rings, his voice bursts out of my phone.

"Hello beautiful, did you like my presents." Mario was constantly flirting with me even though he knew I wasn't interested.

"Yeah I did! You didn't have to do that for me!" I answer him and he laughs. "Of course I did, I really want you to be there to cheer me on and wear my jersey!"

"Well I guess I'll accept your present then. I'll see you in nine days Mario."

"Bye liebe, see you in nine days." I pause for a second before hanging up. Liebe? The word doesn't process in my head considering it's probably german.

I get back off my couch and decide I might as well pack now. Before I can make it to my room, I hear a knock on my door and hurry over to open it to Anna.

"Did you get Mario's gift?" she says to me with a sly face. Anna has always been in favor of Mario and I dating, but I continuously have to tell her I don't want anything like that. "Yeah it's ni-" she cuts me off. "So you're going to go right?"

"I mean yeah I'll go.." she follows me into the house before I close the door. "Good and then you'll fall in love and date right?"

"Yeah right Anna." I laugh and reply back. "I don't need to be falling in love with anyone, I'm perfectly good the way I am."

Anna groans as I tell her, "Fine, be that way." I start laughing more because of how Anna is reacting.

june 16th, 2014

The streets of Salvador, Brazil are filled with people. There was an abundance of Portugal and Germany jerseys walking around near the stadium.

Once I got to the stadium I found my seat being behind Germany's bench. I take out my phone and wait for twenty minutes before the game starts.