chapter thirteen ; reunited

august 21st, 2014 * bruna's pov *

Everyone goes silent for a couple of seconds before Bastian speaks up. "I beat you Thomas." he says quietly with his hands still on the controller. "Scheiße!" Thomas yells out and the boys pay attention to the two playing.

Thiago seems to be debating whether to come towards me or go to his friends. While I'm picking up my fork off the floor he goes into the living room.

I excuse myself from mine and Anna's previous conversation and head to the bathroom near the kitchen. Right before I turn into the bathroom I can see Anna heading in to the living room.

I lock the door behind me and sit against it with my head in my hands. A small knock occurs and I mutter out, "One minute." The comforting voice of Thiago comes from the other side.

"Just let me in Bruna." I get up and open the door. He comes bursting through and shuts the door before wrapping his arms around me.

When I look up at Thiago I can tell he has a million questions running through his head. "I'm not ready to answer all your questions." I blurt out and Thiago just nods, "I'm willing to wait."

I lay my head back down on his chest, I feel his hands drawing circles on my back. If I could be like this forever I would be fine, but forever is cut short when there is another knock on the door.

Thiago and I both look at each other, "One minute." he says. "Oh just open the door!" the voice says. After a second I realize it's Bastian.

Thiago sighs then opens the door and I'm somewhat hiding behind him. "Hello lovebirds. It's great to meet you again Bruna." the German smiles and looks around Thiago to see me.

"Thiago has told me lots about you! It was always Bruna this, Bruna that." I look up at Thiago and he laughs nervously.

It's in this moment I truly see that Thiago has grown up. Obviously he has gotten taller and more muscular, his teenage features have faded away and he looks more like a man than a boy now. This is a different person from the Thiago I grew up with, but I was willing to know this new person.

"So, uh you going to come out and socialize you two?" I weave between Thiago and Bastian to get out of the bathroom. When I reach the kitchen, Anna is pouring wine into a cup and slides it my way.

"Thank you." I mutter out, refusing to make eye contact because I know Anna will ask me twenty questions. "What is going on?" she says and she seems to be confused about the situation.

"I mean I have a lot to explain to you..." I take a sip of the wine. Thiago walks by with Bastian and they seem to be having a conversation about something football related.

"Let's talk about it then." Anna says after the boys go into the other room with the rest of them.

I take a deep breath in and out before telling Anna the truth. "Well Thiago and I have been childhood friends. We were friends from when I was about 14 to when I was 18. We spent everyday together, knew each other like the back of our hands. Around the time of Thiago's birthday. I was interested in a college, I was having mixed feelings for him then. It was just overwhelming, so I left. Went to college in England. I didn't tell Thiago, his brother drove me to the airport and I took off. This is the first time he's seen me since. I went to see one of his games and ran into his girlfriend, but not him. Then I came here and now somehow he's found me five years later."

Anna blinks her eyes a couple times. "Why did you never tell me!" there was a tiny bit of hurt in her voice. "I was scared, I've never told anyone really. I mean at least I told you my real name, I went by another one before."

I run my hands through my hair, more shouts come from the living room. Anna's eyes look towards the place where the noise is coming from. "Is he going to tell the others? Are you going to tell the others together?"

"I haven't gotten to that point, but I'm guessing he doesn't want them to know right now or else he would be by my side in this moment." I explain to Anna, I can tell the thoughts in her head are still processing.

"Well whatever you need help with, I'm here." she says to me and pulls me into a hug. "Thank you for being a great friend." I whisper back and she responds "No, thank you."

It's time to leave Robert's and everyone files out one at a time basically. Conveniently, Thiago and I are the only ones left. We wave goodbye to Robert and Anna before walking out the door into the rain.

It's a silent walk to my car, I stop in front of my door and lean with my back up against it. The rain is still beating down on both of us, but it doesn't seem like the biggest issue. "I'll follow you over to your house." he breaks the silence and looks up at me. "We have to talk about this all." I sigh as he says this, the big moment of truth and all that will finally come out.

"Okay." I say quietly, he nods and opens the door for me to get into my car. The rain drifts into my car before he shuts the door. Once he shuts the door, Thiago walks away. Leaving me in a cold car and a big amount of stress.

***

A/N

Yay they reunited. I've been waiting what feels like forever to write about this eek. I want to start another fic for something else once this is over. I have to think of some ideas somehow.
Okay well thankyou for the views and votes💗😊