chapter sixteen ; weakest

november 29th, 2014 * bruna's pov *

It's been a couple of months since Thiago and I reunited at the Lewandowski's. It's been bumpy, his injury has impacted his mood, we fight constantly and we aren't even together yet.

I say yet, but some days I have serious doubts if we will ever be together. This injury he has undergone is unbearable for him and his surgery is hopefully going to put him back on the right track.

Currently I am standing outside of Thiago's door waiting for him to open up the door. The sound of footsteps hitting the floor get closer and closer, soon the door opens up and I see Thiago on the other side.

"Hey." He opens up the door then walks away back to his couch. I shuffle in and shut the door behind me, letting out a huge sigh. All of the noises I make and Thiago doesn't even look my way. It's like I'm not even here.

He's frustrated and now so am I. Everything has gotten so difficult between us and since we've reunited everything seems to have gone downhill. We've grown up to be different people then what we were when we were teenagers. It clearly was upsetting to me and him, I don't think this is what he had in mind when he saw me again.

The first three weeks had been good, but with his injury made everything between us go downhill. He couldn't even play which made him anxious at times.

How were we still talking? I don't even know. Here I am sitting in his living room watching him sulk on his couch. I feel like there is nothing I can do and it hurts.

Before I know it, it's seven at night and I've been sitting here for the past three hours. "I'll make us some food Thiago." I get up off the couch still getting no response from him, he doesn't even flinch at the sound of my voice.

From the kitchen I stare at my so called "best friend" doing absolutely nothing. I totally understood this whole injury thing, but I gave my all to him and got nothing in return.

Fed up with the whole situation I walk back over to Thiago and sit down in front of him, blocking his view of the tv. "What Bruna." He groans clearly annoyed with me. "Don't what Bruna me! You've been ignoring me for what seems like forever!"

Thiago sits up, staring into my eyes and it looks like his eyes are burning red with anger. "Stop being ridiculous." These words hit me hard. "What the hell Thiago! I'm not being ridiculous! You are!" I burst and scream at him.

Suddenly we are in a yelling match with each other, both shouting our feelings out loud. "Just leave me the fuck alone! Just like you did five fucking years ago!" He yells at me.

"So this is what it's about?!" I raise my voice even louder. "No! You know what just leave! I don't want to see you again and I don't want any type of relationship with you so please just leave." His voice is unbearably loud and I can't take it any longer. Everything he says makes me just break more and more.

"Well fuck you too." I calmly say before walking out of his apartment and slamming the door loudly. Apparently our "little" argument has gotten the attention of all neighbors because the minute I am out in the hallway, several doors below me and above me shut.

I walk down the stairs in anger, my feet hitting every step loudly till I get to the front door. For some reason I feel the need to slam that door too.

As I'm walking to my car, I look back at the building and a window slams shut. Once I finally get into my car, I break. My eyes get cloudy and filled with tears. In frustration, I bang my hands against my wheel.

I rest my head down on the steering wheel and feel the tears build up, soon enough I am sobbing uncontrollably while driving through Munich.

The windows are all down and I stop to let someone walk across the street, little did I know it was Mario. Before I can even react, he leans his head through the passenger side window.

"Can I get in?" He asks politely and I nod my head, even though I am not facing him because I don't want him to see my red eyes.

I hear the car door open up and theres some shuffling before the door shuts again. Pressing on the gas, I drive back home. Mario doesn't bother to ask questions, but follows me into my apartment.

When Mario shuts my front door behind him, I sit down at my kitchen table and put my head in my hands. I can hear the seat next to me slide out and him sit in it.

Mario doesn't say anything, but rubs my back with his hand. "What is going on." He quietly whispers to me, his German accent makes his English pretty bad which makes me choke out a small laugh.

"Hey, don't laugh at me!" He laughs too and moves my hands away from my face. It's now that our eyes meet and he scans my red face covered in tears. Mario's happy face turns to confused as he looks at me.

Just looking at Mario makes me cry even more. "Hey, hey, it's alright schön." He puts his fingers under my chin and lifts my chin up so I am looking at him.

I shrug him off and turn away, "I'm sorry Mario, can I please just have some time alone."

"Ja, absolutely Bruna. Call me if you need anything ok?" I nod and feel him kiss the top of my head before walking away. Seconds later I hear my door close and I'm left with my tears.

I somehow end up in my bed and stare at the ceiling all night. The only thing on my mind is Thiago. I wake up at around two in the morning and my tears have built up and I release the sobs. The next thing I hear is a knock on my door.

***

A/N

Soooo it's a somewhat small & boring chapter, but yeahhhh. Thank you for the views & votes❤️