chapter five ; new life

(Abigail *left* and Bruna *right* in pic )
* bruna's pov *

* two months after "disappearance" *

I had settled down pretty easily in England after leaving Barcelona. Finding a job was fairly easy and I had some money I took with me from home. I bought myself a small apartment in the middle of London and was working at a little coffee shop on a street corner.

As soon as I arrived in London, I changed my name so no one could track me down, also I got rid of my phone and bought a new one so no traces of me could be found.

I was now Rose Baldwin, although I didn't have a British accent I seemed to pull off being from England. I had met a couple people here and there isn't many that stuck out to me. One good friend I've made so far is a girl named Abigail.

Abigail is probably the opposite of me completely. She's sweet, kind and extremely anxious all the time. Abby also has a pretty funny side to her that usually comes out every once in awhile.

I took Abby out for her first party ever last week and surprisingly she got drunk pretty quickly. We both ended up staying at my house the night after and telling each other our secrets like any other eighteen year old girls would do.

It seems kind of crazy that I'm eighteen living on my own, on the run from my old life. In the beginning, I had days when I desperately wanted to run back to my old home and into Thiago's arms. Other days I wanted to never see anyone from my old life again.

Rafinha hadn't tried to necessarily contact me in any way, but I guess it was just because it wasn't possible. I just had wanted to tell him I made it safely and not to worry, but from what I've seen.. People or police are looking for me like I'm missing, probably monitoring people's phones and emails. I decided it wasn't safe to do that just yet.

I felt pretty guilty for leaving this secret for Rafinha to keep. He was too young to be dragged in to this messy life style of mine.

I had hoped to go back to Barcelona secretly someday, but not anytime soon. I was kind of enjoying this life in England with my friend Abby.

I had planned on telling Abby about my whole story today because it almost slipped last week while we were telling each other secrets.

Since then she's asked me about the secret I supposedly started to tell her, but stopped. I promised her I would tell her as soon as I was ready and I felt ready now.

After my shift at the coffee shop I hung up my apron, waved goodbye to my co-workers, grabbed my purse and left. When I reached the outside I unlocked my bike from the rack and started to ride to my apartment.

The bike ride was about five minutes and soon I was at my apartment door, unlocking it and walking into my home. Quickly closing the door and setting down my bag on my kitchen table I sat down and let out a huge sigh.

The door buzzer went off and my time alone to think was cut short. I let Abigail into the building and a minute later she is knocking on my door.

I open my door to see Abigail with a brown paper bag in her arms.

"What's that?" Abby walks in and sets it on the table next to my purse.

"Icecream. So you better put this in the freezer." She turns around and hands me two containers of ice cream and I laugh while opening the freezer and putting them in.

"This is why we are friends!"

"Tell me the secrets of Rose Baldwin now!" She hops onto my couch, sits down and stares at me.

"I don't know where to st-"

"I know who you are Rose." Abigail makes air quotations with her fingers when she says Rose.

"What.. How.." This girl has barely known me for two months and already has determined the biggest secret I've been keeping.

"Oh come on Bruna Nicolau." She smiles lightly while as she says my real name.

"FC Barcelona makes a small announcement a couple of weeks ago that a girl named Bruna Nicolau has gone missing. No photos are released, but I knew from the minute that it was announced that it was you."

"How could you have possibly known?" Now I am even more shocked..

"Because I'm a pretty good guesser.." She says like it's the simplest thing in the world.

"I don't care though either way Rose or Bruna, you're a great friend to me and I understand why you might have wanted to hide that I guess." She adds, then she stays quiet and waits for my response.

I didn't really have one, I was at a loss for words and worried.. If Abigail could figure it out so easily how could no one else.

"Don't worry, it wasn't very obvious.. I had to think about the possibility for awhile before I determined it was you. No one else will know if maybe we just work on your British accent a bit" Abigail smiles and hugs me as we sit on the couch.

I hug back because in this moment it's exactly what I need a best friend to help me carry on with this life. Even though I've only known her for a little less than two months she truly is the best friend that I've ever had besides Thiago..

***

A/N

Ok kind of a boring chapter, but i just did it so that there would be some info on Bruna right now and her new life idk

I might be skipping ahead like a year or couple months to speed things up but I'm not sure yet

The game today between Bayern and Barça was crazy. They are my two fav teams and it was so hard seeing Bayern loose because I love them and they deserved it but I feel like Barça did too I don't even know but they both played awesome in both games. At times Bayern dominated like the second half of today's game but last week Barça definitely did. Rafinha and Thiago pics on tumblr gave me life ahaha