chapter twenty one ; siblings

august 29th, 2015 * bruna's pov *

It's been awhile since me and Thiago got together again and I haven't ever felt this happy before. We've gotten to really know the sides of each other that were hidden or not seen. I know him better than I know myself. Thiago is the man of my dreams and I don't know if I could survive without him.

I wake up in the morning, the soft sheets and blanket are twisted around me. Thiago is laying beside me with his arm wrapped around my torso. He subconsciously does this every night, probably scared that I will leave again which should be the least of his worries.

Slowly lifting Thiago's arm off me, I watch his brown eyes flutter open and he smiles at me. His hair is going in all different directions and I run my hand through it as he speaks. "You know I love you. Right?" I giggle while nodding.

The room is filled with sunlight flooding in through the large window next to our bed overlooking Munich. I find myself standing in front of the window, looking out into the famous German city and I start to think of home.

I do consider Munich my home because anywhere Thiago is, is my home. Although I miss Barcelona and the warm Spain air that would run through my hair. I missed the beaches and all the places I would spend time at as a child.

It had been six years since the day I left Thiago. I would never regret leaving because it changed me into the person I am, but it hurt me to know that in that time, I was hurting Thiago. Throughout all this time with him, I've worried so much about his feelings and what he thought about my disappearance from his life.

"What are you thinking about?" A voice came from behind me and I turned around to look at the man I loved sitting up in bed smiling at me. "It's been six years, you know that? Since I left you.." Sitting down beside Thiago, I bowed my head in shame. "I know, but it doesn't matter because that was the past, but now is the present and we have each other." He responded while resting his chin on my shoulder and slowly planting kisses along it.

"Thank god I have you." I kissed him, slowly and eventually I was sitting on his lap while tracing the muscles in his back. The doorbell interrupted us as I pushed him down onto our bed. I let out a groan in frustration and got myself off of Thiago and threw on his sweatshirt.

When I finally got to the front door, it revealed a grinning Rafinha Alcantara. Before I could even respond he threw his arms around me and hugged me as tight as possible. "I missed you, Bruna." His voice was somewhat muffled.

I haven't seen Rafinha since the time I bumped into him in Brazil and even since then he has changed. I am no longer looking at the sixteen year old boy I used to know, I'm looking at a twenty two year old now.

Before I could say anything else, Thiago was beside us. "Rafa!" Thiago exclaimed and Rafinha released me from his arms to hug his brother. "Alright, come in!" Rafinha sat down at the kitchen table, along with Thiago. The two brothers stared at me, smiling like idiots. "Want something to eat?" I asked and the two of them nodded.

As I was making the two of them breakfast, I could hear bits and pieces of them talking in the living room. "They want to buy you from Bayern." Rafinha whispered to Thiago. "Really." Thiago must have been in shock because it seemed like that was all he could say.

The only team that I could think of was Barcelona. Rafinha confirmed my idea within the next two seconds. "You could come back home, to Barcelona and we could all be together again." He sounded as if he was begging Thiago to think about it.

Going back to Barcelona would be everything I could wish for. Although I would never force Thiago into something he wouldn't want to do. "I'll think about it." I heard Thiago reply to Rafa's comment.

The rest of the afternoon Thiago and Rafinha were laughing and having the best time. "Hey babe, me and Rafa are going to walk around so I can show him around. Do you want to come?" Thiago strolled into our bedroom and sat down on our bed as I did my hair in the bathroom.

"Anna asked me to come shopping with her, but how about we all meet up for dinner later?" I said as I ran the straightener across my hair. Thiago got up off the bed and came into the bathroom to kiss me on the cheek. "So is that a yes?" I questioned. "Yes, I'll be there." He said before walking out of the bathroom. "Text me where we are going tonight. Bye, love you!" I heard Thiago walking towards our front door.

Soon enough I was ready to go shopping with Anna. I pulled up to Robert and Anna's house in my car and honked my horn to signal Anna I was here. Seconds later, out came Anna smiling brightly with her big movie star sunglasses on.

Anna opened up the door to the passenger's side and got in quickly. "Let's talk before we leave." She looked at me as she spoke. "Okay..?" I said to her and she just smiled at me. "Ok, well.. you see..." Anna stalled for a good ten seconds before I hit her in the shoulder because of how impatient I was getting. "I'm pregnant!" She blurts out.

"No way." I am too shocked to say any more then those two words. "Yes way." She responds and then squeals with excitement. "Have you told Robert!" I ask and Anna responds with a simple nod. "We wanted to tell you tonight, but we just couldn't wait that long so I told you now and we'll tell Thiago tonight."

"How far along are you?" I put the car into reverse and pull out of the driveway, continuing with our conversation. "About four weeks." Anna is now beaming with excitement and I feel just as excited as her.

***

A/N

I feel like I haven't updated in forever! This chapter is pretty boring and I made up the whole Anna pregnant thing so yeah.

The USWNT WON THE WORLD CUP🇺🇸 I'm so proud of them!❤️ Carli Lloyd was just amazing, I couldn't even believe it.

Thank you for the views, votes, & comments! Hope you liked the update❤️😊