chapter four ; gone

* thiago's pov *

I wake up and just like any other day I get ready for training. I throw on a tee shirt and sweats for the trip to the training grounds.

Coming downstairs, I hear Rafinha talking to my mother about his career and his wishes to be on the first team with me. I truly believe Rafinha will be a great footballer one day, he already is, but as time goes on he will only get better. I will always support my brother no matter what, if he wanted to turn around and be a tennis player I would be at all his games.

I come back to reality when my mom asks me what I want for breakfast.

"Uh I'm good right now ma, I have to get to training." I say as I turn around and walk out the door to my car. My mother's car is in a different place then it was last night, but I don't question it because she probably went out.

Getting in the car, I start it and slam the door shut. The ride to the training grounds is short, but it gives me enough time to think of what happened between me and Bruna last night.

God. It was perfect, but confusing at the same time. I couldn't help but develop these new feelings for Bruna. After all I never thought she would kiss me, I was glad she did because it made me realize it was more then just a friendship for me and her.

I arrive at the grounds and hop out of my car making my way towards the building where the locker rooms are. I had been invited to practice with the first team today which made me hope that they were gonna put me in more games.

I walk through the doors to the locker room and the first person I see is Dani Alves.

"Thiagoooo!" he yells and pats me on the back as I walk by his locker.

"Hey Dani" I respond, I enjoy Dani's presence the most when I train with the first team. Dani is one of the happiest people in the world and is truly great to be around.

Others come in and out of the locker room and eventually I am ready and head towards the training field.

When my cleats connect with the grass it feels like home. The feeling I get from playing soccer is unlike any other, it makes me crazy happy and I couldn't possibly describe all of it in words.

Trainig starts off with a few stretches, I take my place besides Dani and we both joke around for quite awhile.

"So how's your brother doing?" Dani asks me causally trying to start a conversation between the two of us.

"Eh pretty good, he's doing really good with the younger team he is playing for. I think he is going to choose Brazil for the national team."

"Good, who knows if I'll be able to play with him, but I would love to play with Rafa." I nod in agreement, playing with Rafinha makes everything easier for me because we both have the same mindset and dreams.

"Any girls Thi?" Dani snaps me out of the trance I am in. Girls, or should I say girl. Thinking about Bruna right now makes me feel something different from before. I smile to myself, but Dani catches on easily.

"I'll take that as a yes, what's the lucky girl's name?"

"Bru-" I stop myself from saying it too loud because I don't feel all if the boys need to know.

"Bruna. Her name is Bruna, she's a good friend of mine" I tell Dani, trying not to draw attention to what we are talking about.

"Sounds great, but when are you going to ask her out? You obviously like this girl more then friends." Dani states and takes me by surprise. Do I like Bruna more then a friend? No. Definitely not. Maybe? No.

"It's not like that.." before Dani can respond we start up practice and go over drills.

By the time practice is over, I'm drenched in sweat and my mind is only thinking about Bruna. I pull my phone out as I walk to my car and text her.

me ; Want to go get some food tonight and come back to my place to hang out?

I send the message and jump in to my car and drive towards Bruna's house. I decide to make her come out with me tonight so that we can discuss what had happened the night before.

I pull up to the house and get out of my car and knock on the front door of Bruna's house. Her mom opens the door and smiles.

"Thiago! Come in!" Lena Nicolau says to me. She motions her hand and directs me inside, then shuts the door. Bruna's fourteen year old brother Alex is sitting at the kitchen table doing what seems to be homework. He looks up to see me and nods before going back to his work. Alex was never one to talk to anyone including me even though I had known him for so long. Bruna had told me that the only person he confided in was her usually.

"So what brings you here?" Lena asks casually.

"Is Bruna here? I wanted to pick her up and hang out.." I answer Lena and she gives me a look of confusion.

"I thought she was with you.. I haven't seen her since yesterday before she left for your house." she answers and looks around like Bruna is in the house somewhere hiding.

I think about how she left my room and because of how overwhelmed I was with my feelings I went to bed that night and didn't question where she was going.

Someone must have seen her leave whether it was my mom, dad or Rafinha. Quickly thinking I text Rafinha to ask.

me ; Did you see Bruna leave our house last night? Or have you seen her since then?

I send the text quickly and patiently wait for a response. Meanwhile, Bruna's mom seems to become more and more worried as minutes pass by.

Rafa ; No, I haven't.

Well that wasn't any help.

"Thiago, why don't you go home and you can stop by tomorrow I'm sure Bruna will be back by then." I nod my head in agreement to what Mrs. Nicolau says.

I head out to my car thinking to myself as I get in.. Where could she have gone? What could have happened?

* two days later *

Bruna's family decided to file a missing person report and the police try to track down her cellphone, but it seemed to have been shut off and disconnected.

No sign of her anywhere, they investigate some of the places she was at before she left. Nothing has came up and I start to feel this tiny bit of a hopeless feeling inside of me.

* rafinha's pov *

Today they filed the report for Bruna's disappearance and they start to investigate. They look in her room, but nothing is different or significant. They looked to see if all her stuff and clothes were still there and they were. Nothing was moved at all.

I feel guilty because I helped her leave, but I know Bruna had to do this to make things better for herself and she will come back some day.

***

A/N

So I know it said she had luggage but I changed it so that there wouldn't be any trace of her and hints that she left to the police
^ basically why i re edited chapter three if it shows up the whole updating thing is pretty confusing

Well I'm super pumped that people are reading this and hopefully enjoying it! :) keep voting yo ♡

superfluous | thiago alcântaraजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें