chapter twenty ; first date

may 1st, 2015 * bruna's pov *

It's been almost a month since me and Thiago got back together. Although he still hasn't formally asked me to be his girlfriend.

I hear the bedroom door open and out comes Thiago, looking like he just woke up. Which he probably did even though it is one in the afternoon.

At around nine in the morning I had some things to do so I left Thiago's apartment before he woke up. Now it's the afternoon and he is just waking up after coming home at three in the morning from a party.

I wasn't very into the whole party lifestyle, Thiago went to party's here and there.

"Hey love" Thiago said as he walked over to me and kissed me on the cheek. I turned around in my chair and smiled.

Thiago opened up the fridge and browsed through the food before taking out a bottle of water. "What have you been doing?" He questioned me, while leaning on the kitchen counter.

"I went to the gym, got breakfast with Anna, and went shopping for some new sneakers." He nodded like he wasn't paying attention. "Oh my god!" He exclaimed, "I have to go!"

Thiago quickly ran back into his room, few seconds later he ran back out of the door, kissing me before leaving. "I'll be back later!" I heard right before he shut the door.

I was left in the kitchen confused as ever staring at the door wondering if he'll come back.

After making myself lunch and sitting down at the table near the kitchen, my phone beeped from the other room.

Grabbing my phone, I go back to the table before checking it. Once I sit down, I press on the home button and the screen lights up.

Thiago❤️ ; Be ready at 7! And you might want to open the front door 😘

Following the text message, I walked over to the front door and opened it up to a bag sitting on our door mat.

When I pick the bag up off the ground, it is slightly heavier then I expected. Before closing the door I looked all around, but no sign of anyone so I shut the door.

Almost skipping over to the table, I placed the bag down and proceeded to open it. The inside made me laugh at how cheesy Thiago was.

After emptying the bag, I was left with a red dress and some sandals. I thought to myself about this being the reason why he rushed out the house which would be kind of funny.

It was around four now so I decided to take my nap and set the alarm for about six at night.

The sound of someone knocking on the door woke me up. Before going to the door, I checked the time then started sprinting to the door. I opened it and on the other side was Anna and Robert.

"You were supposed to be ready!" Anna exclaimed before walking through the door and pushing me towards Thiago's room.

Robert was waiting in the kitchen, tapping his fingers against the counter. I wasn't even paying attention as Anna did my hair and made me put the dress on.

Twenty minutes later, I was dressed and about to walk out the door with Robert and Anna trailing behind me.

"Wait, where am I going?" I turned around when we got to Robert's car. "You'll see, just get in." He replied so I got in the back of Robert's car while Anna got in the front.

The ride wasn't all that long and I was dropped off in front of a large restaurant that towered in the sky.

So it was seven at night in Munich and I was standing in front of a building by myself when I looked up and there he was. Thiago was standing at the top of the building pointing at the fire escape on the side.

I walked towards the fire escape and made my way up the sets of stairs that creaked with every step. At the top, I could somewhat make out Thiago standing there waiting for me.

"Uh I might die on these stairs before I make it up there!" I yelled up to Thiago who only laughed as the stairs made loud noises with every step I took.

When I finally managed to not die on the fire escape and make it up to Thiago, he covered my eyes quickly and directed me around.

When his hands were lifted off my eyes, all I could see was the beautiful set up he had made on the rooftop. There was thousands of twinkling lights and roses, in the middle was a table with food on it.

"This is lovely." I looked at Thiago and pulled him in so I could kiss him, he pulled away shortly after led me over to the table. Taking my chair out for me, Thiago was being so gentle with everything. Once I was in my seat, he moved to his side and sat down.

"Before anything else happens tonight, I have to ask you this." Thiago blurted out before I could even nod my head he went on with what he was saying. "Okay, well Bruna.. I mean if someone told me when were lets say sixteen, that I was going to fall in love with you.. I wouldn't and respond with the usual 'she's my bestfriend, that's weird' type of thing. But it happened and everyday I thank god and every star in the sky that I have you. And my feelings for you are insane and I can't put them into words so maybe this will kind of help? Will you do the honor and be my girlfriend?"

I laughed and nodded my head yes at the out of breath Brazilian in front of me. Thiago wiped the sweat off his face before getting up and embracing me. "I was so nervous for that and I have no clue why." He stated.

I just laughed and stopped him from talking anymore by kissing him. The love we felt for each other was obviously strong and unbreakable.

After our kiss broke, I stared into Thiago's eyes trying to picture how I survived those five years without him. How I did it? I had no clue as to how I could live without the man standing in front of me.

Every moment with him felt like something out of a romantic movie or book, like it was too surreal to be actually happening, but it was happening.

***

A/N

So this is a boring chapter & definitely not my best, but I had to get this out of the way.

Things are looking good for Thiago and Bruna❤️

The USWNT beat Chinaaa!🇺🇸🇺🇸 I'm so pumped for the game Tuesday, but Germany is such a good team ❤️⚽️💙 I have faith in the girls though⚽️⚽️

Thank you for the views, comments, and likes!💗💗 you guys are the best hehe ☺️