chapter six ; coping

* thiago's pov *

* 6 months after Bruna's disappearance *

I have no clue how I've manages these six months without my best friend by my side. It felt like all I had ever known was gone.

Sure, I was still happy and living my life. Were there times when I missed Bruna? Yes. Everyday, I thought about her more than I could count.

I just wanted her to be safe at this point, I was scared she was hurt or maybe not even alive. Missing people cases never seemed to have a positive end.

Everyone knew the effect her disappearance had on me. Rafinha constantly tried to cheer me up assuring me that she was okay, but I knew he was just saying it out of sympathy.

Her ocean blue eyes haunted my thoughts every single day, sometimes I thought I saw her walking the streets in Barcelona. I refused to even drive by her house anymore.

The strangest thing was no one had found any evidence. Nothing, it was like someone or maybe even her cleaned up her trail so no one could find her. Not even the police had a single lead on the case and I had talked to them everyday.

Although today the police called me in the early hours of the morning and asked me to stop by around lunch time.

I skipped the last hour of training, so that I could go to the police station and maybe they had some type of lead on Bruna's disappearance.

Arriving at the station, I got out of my car and made my way towards the front door.

Surprisingly a police officer was waiting for me when I got there.

"Thiago Alcantara?" he questions me.

I nod my head and he waves his hand basically saying follow me. After a long series of hallways and doors we come to a room with a desk and three chairs. One on one side and two on the other side.

"Please sit down in that chair Mr. Alcantara." the police officer points to the seat by itself on one side of the table. I sit down and wait for when someone is gonna tell me the news.

"We have good but bad news." the police officer says calmly. I can feel my heart pound and I get this excited yet horrible feeling.

"We have pictures of Ms. Nicolau at the airport entrance, but the bad news is there is nothing else, no other trace of her anywhere.."

My heart drops, well that wasn't much at all..
Frustrated with this whole situation I get up and leave because I don't want to hear it anymore.

How am I supposed to sit here and patiently wait for Bruna.. Who knows how long it will be.

I find my way home after my time at the station. When I got home I opened the door and yelled out to check if anyone was home. No response meaning no one was home so I decide to just take a nap on the couch.

* hours later *

I wake up to the sound of muffled voices coming from the kitchen. My phone rings a couple of times and it seems that my friends have invited me to go out tonight.

Answering back I tell them I will meet them there and I go to get dressed.

I'm heading downstairs about to head out the door when something stops me.

"Thiago.."

More like someone stops me, I turn around and there's Rafinha staring at me.

"Yeah?" I replied with confusion, the look on Rafinha's face is one I haven't seen before.

"Hm, uh nevermind. Don't do anything stupid tonight bro." Rafinha shakes his head and turns around and walks into the living room.

"Okay.. I'll see you later Rafa." I call out, but there is no response so I leave the house and jump into my car to make my way towards my friends.

* late in the night *

I wake up on my friend's couch with someone lying close to me, my arm was draped around this person. Opening my eyes the first thing I see is a head full of messy blonde hair.

By looking at the way this person's body was shaped, it was obviously a girl. Quickly I take my arm off her and get up quietly. Luckily I'm still wearing my clothes and by the looks of it she is too.

Thank god I didn't make a drunk mistake. By the sound of it, this girl who I was sleeping next to was starting to wake up. She lifts herself up and turns her head towards me, our eyes meet and she blushes lightly.

"Hi.." that's all I manage to get out which makes me sound like a complete idiot.

"Hi." she answers back and brushes a piece of her hair behind her ear.

I can't say that she isn't pretty, because she is. Trying to think back to the night and how I ended up with this girl.

"We met a little while ago before we left, but I think you were a little more drunk than me.." It's almost like she could read my mind and tell what I was thinking.

"Long story short, we came back here and you asked me to lay with you because you missed "her". At the time I had no idea who you were talking about, but you muttered Bruna in your sleep a couple of times." Adding on to what she previously said before.

The whole idea of what was last night gave me a headache. Suddenly a dizziness came over me and I felt like I was falling forwards.

A pair of arms lightly pushed me onto the couch.

"Are you okay!" The girl who's name I still hadn't figured out asked.

"What is your name?" I ask bluntly, I probably should know because I supposedly met her not too long ago.

"Layna." Extending her hand I take it and shake her hand. Layna and I both laugh it off and realize how awkward we are.

"Well Layna, thank you for all your help. I'd love to hangout with you sometime when I'm not hungover." She laughs seeming to get my somewhat joke.

"Sounds perfect." She responds and leaves the living room to head for the bathroom. I decide it is time for me to leave, but I don't want to ditch this girl so I leave my number right near the door and walk out of the house.

Getting in the car and starting it up, I make the short drive to my home. When I reach my house, Rafinha is in the living room sleeping on the couch with the tv on.

I try to avoid waking up Rafinha, but he awakens and looks at me with a confused face.

"How was it?" I shrug my shoulders hoping he understands I'm hungover and don't feel like talking.

"I'll take that as good." I continue on into the house and walk upstairs to my room and go to sleep immediately.

* in the morning hours *

Waking up from my nap, my phone bleeps loudly. I slowly rise out of my bed and shut off the alarm and make my way downstairs.

No one seems to be around so I'm sitting in the kitchen by myself eating breakfast.

Where is she? Where could she have gone? Did she leave because of something to do with me?

These thoughts ran through my head, I just wanted Bruna to come back. All thoughts in my head were her. I needed to move on from this because it doesn't seem like she'll ever come back.

Grabbing my phone I decide to text Layna to see if she wants to hangout. Maybe that will get my mind off things.

me ; Hey uhh do you possibly want to grab a coffee or go out or something?

Layna ; Yeah I would love to :)

Hopefully this will help take my mind off things. I just need a friend to talk to and not look at me like I've lost my bestfriend.

***

A/N

Sooo I'm gonna be speeding up the time kinda and yeah but keep voting & stuff 😊❤️