chapter one ; birthday

* bruna's pov *

"Bruna, are you serious? Did you really forget about Thiago's birthday?"

Rafinha Alcantara said to me as I arrived at the Alcantara house empty handed with what it seemed no gift for my best friend.

"No, it's a long story." I said after I waved away Rafinha, but he followed me into the kitchen.

"Well I have time!"

"I don't Rafa, where is your brother?"

Rafinha pointed up the stairs and I made my way up to Thiago's room.

When I reached Thiago's room I opened the door to see him asleep on his bed. "Thi, wake up it's your 18th birthday and we aren't spending it at your house."

Thiago made a "shh" sound and lightly pushed me away. I grabbed his blanket and took it off him revealing a shirtless Thiago in nothing but a pair of sweatpants. This was a somewhat regular sight for me considering I had known Thiago for quite some time and him having his shirt off didn't exactly effect me.

Thiago groaned and got up to look at me. quickly I pulled him up out of his bed.

"Come on, this will be the best birthday ever. Get dressed and meet me in the car in ten minutes." I said to thiago as I walked out his door and down the stairs.

"Bye Rafa, I'm kidnapping Thiago for a bit we'll be back later" I yelled as I walked out the door.

I heard a voice yell back, but I was too far away to hear what Rafinha had said.

After what seemed like hours, the car door on the other side of me opened and Thiago hopped in to the passenger seat.

"So where are we going?" he asked right before I started my father's car that I had asked to borrow for the day. Usually I walked places since everything was so close, but considering it was Thiago's birthday today. My dad let me use his car.

* hours later *

Me and Thiago were sitting in my dad's car overlooking one of the beaches in Barcelona, drinking expensive wine I had bought for his birthday since he was now of drinking age.

It was a quiet night and no one was on the beach, so we decided to make our stop here to enjoy the wine. Thiago hadn't wanted me to buy such expensive wine, but I insisted because I wanted his first drink to actually taste good. Unlike mine which was when I was sixteen and was a cheap beer at a party. Although my "first drink" was when I turned 18 about 2 months ago was pretty good compared to the crap I had before.

We both finished our wine and stared at the beach in front of us.

"Thank you" Thiago whispered, I turned to look at my best friend and simply smiled. In reality I should be the one saying thank you to him for the great friendship he has given me over the past four years and for the years to come.

Thiago wasn't my first friend when I moved here because at first I hadn't been very open to making new friends, but my parents became close with his parents and eventually we became close and the rest was history.

I know Thiago like the back of my hand and he probably knows me better than I know myself. He has always been there for me and I don't know what I would do without his friendship.

"Let's go for a walk on the beach?" Thiago said and snapped me out of my thoughts. I quickly opened the car door and got out of the car. It was colder than normal on the beach because of the wind, so I grabbed my sweatshirt and a blanket out of the back seat of the car.

We walked for a good half hour down the beach before sitting down on the blanket I had brought.

"Happy Birthday Thiago" I said to him as I handed him my last gift for his birthday. Thiago opened it and smiled.

Inside the box was a picture of the two of us from about two years ago. We were both sixteen in the picture and the two of us looked full of life. We were both laughing and Thiago was in his Barcelona jersey glistening in sweat while his arm is around me.

Thiago quickly pulled me into his arms and hugged me, he squeezed my waist and buried his face into my neck. I hugged him right back and everything felt right because I had my bestfriend with me.

"I'm glad you like it." I smiled at him as he released me from the hug.

"I love it Bru, you're the best friend I could ever have and I love you" he told me.

Saying I love you to each other was normal because we were the best of friends and it was always like a family love. This time he said it, it felt different, but I pushed the thought to the side and responded.

"I love you too Thiago, thank you for being my bestfriend." After awhile we made our way back to the car and left the beach.

When we finally arrived at the Alcantara's it was late and I felt too tired to go inside.

Thiago looked at me before getting out and hugged me one last time.

"Stop by tomorrow? Okay?" he said and looked at me.

"Alright, don't you have training?"

"Yes, but after we can do something. Did I tell you I am going to make my debut for the first team soon?"

"No!? Thiago! That's amazing!" I exclaimed and hugged Thiago again because I couldn't control my excitement for him.

"Thanks Bru, you better be there" he said as he got out of the car.

"I will be! but I have to leave, my parents are probably wondering where I am."

"okay I'll see you tomorrow, love you"

"Love you too" I said as he shut the door and made his way to his front door.

Then I left his house and made my way towards my own, the whole ride to my home i was left with the confusing feelings I had seemed to feel for Thiago. I didn't want something more then a relationship with Thiago because he was my friend and only a friend nothing more. Thiago had his whole career ahead of him and I felt that I could get in the way of that.

***

A/N

Okay well I'm doing some major editing and not doing the whole lowercase anymore I don't like the look of it oops ♡