chapter twenty two ; out of love

october 28th, 2015 * thiago's pov *

I moved clubs and went back home to Barcelona to play with Rafinha. It happened no less then three weeks ago and it was probably one of the best decisions I've made. Now that I was back in Barcelona, I was beyond happy.

Bruna and I are happily living in our own house in Barcelona. My family is so close by now and I get to see them almost everyday which makes me incredibly happy. I always knew something was missing when I was in Munich and now I know what it was.

I walk through the front door and call out Bruna's name. She's been weirdly quiet and distant the past few days for some unknown reason. "Yeah? I'm upstairs." Bruna yells from the top of the stairs. After going upstairs I come face to face with Bruna in our bedroom.

"You're home late." She mumbles under her breath. I look at the clock that reads 12:36pm. "I'm sorry, the boys wanted to have a fifa tournament and I tried to leave, but they didn't let me." I explained to Bruna and she remained quiet. She walked into the bathroom and stared at herself in the mirror.

It was now that I realized how different she looked, there wasn't the happy glow on her face anymore. She looked exhausted. I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her from behind. All she did was let out a huge sigh before turning around and kissing me.

When Bruna pulled away, tears were falling down her face, but before I could do anything she turned her back to me and wiped them away. She didn't say anything else, instead she walked out of the bathroom and laid on our bed.

When I joined her, she just turned her back to me and covered herself in the blankets. I turned off all the lights and slid into bed beside her. I turned Bruna around to face me and closed the space between us by kissing her. Her hands cupped my face and everything else went a blur.

When I woke up the next morning, my eyes met Bruna's bare back sitting up in our bed. "Why are you up so early." I said and Bruna seemed to be shocked that I was up. She didn't answer, but instead grabbed a blanket and covered herself up with it before walking into our closet to change.

Bruna came back out of the closet in a pair of althetic shorts and one of my Bayern shirts. She came around to my side of the bed and sat down. "Thiago, I think we should break up."

Those six words made me crumble into a million pieces. I sat up and stared at the love of my life sitting in front of me with a blank face. "Why? What did I do?" I questioned her, but she just shook her head.

"I'm not happy like this, Thiago." Bruna responded and then bowed her head. "You didn't do anything, I just I can't go on like pretending I am happy when I am not. I just don't think we are meant to be." She continued and I felt too stunned to even answer her.

"Tell me where I went wrong? Do you not love me or something?" I searched for answers in her face, but it said nothing. "God no, I love you so much. It's just you and me doesn't feel right anymore." She replied while running her hands through her hair.

"This isn't happening, I won't accept it. I'm not going to let you leave. I'll do anything Bruna. Anything you want, just stay." I begged her grabbing her hand before she tried to pull it away. "I'm sorry, but I can't go on like this. It isn't fair to you or to me."

That was the last thing Bruna said to me before grabbing her phone and walking out of our house. I watched her get into her car and pull out of our driveway from the window. Out of frustration and anger I throw the closest thing to me, which happens to be the table.

Two hours later, I'm sitting on my living room floor surrounded by the mess I made when the doorbell rings. Hoping for it to be Bruna running back into my arms, instead it's Rafinha. "What the hell did you do in here." He states. No greeting of any sort or "Hi, how are you feeling after the love of your life just left you." Nope, none of that.

I shrug my shoulders and Rafinha starts sweeping the broken pieces of glass on the floor. "Good job punching the wall, I bet that hurt like a bitch." He comments on the dent in the wall by the front door.

"I was the first person she came to, and she's crushed. Just as much as you are, probably even more. I couldn't stop her from crying her eyes out. She's heartbroken, don't think that she wanted to do this." Rafinha took a seat at my kitchen counter as I paced around the house. "I just don't understand where I went wrong." I responded.

Rafinha shook his head and sighed. "I don't think you did anything wrong, she felt a certain way and she had to do something about it. She just wasn't happy and she didn't think you were meant to be. Simple as that, Thiago."

"No! It's not simple as that. I must have fucked up somewhere along the way." I retort. "Rafa, she's the love of my life. How am I supposed to go on without her."

Rafinha looked speechless, had no answers for me and just simply shrugged. "I don't know, but she is sending her mom over later to grab her stuff." He said before giving me a hug and exiting my home.

I was left with a broken heart and no answers. I had lost the love of my life for good. No going back now. All of my pent up anger rushed out suddenly and I yelled as loud as I could.

How was I supposed to survive without her?

***

A/N

Well there's only like two chapters left plus the epilogue 😧 These next two chapters are going to be a little different 😁 Well this is a pretty quick update since the fic is so close to ending. Anywaysss thank you for the votes & comments😊❤️