chapter seven ; birthday game

April 11th, 2010 * bruna's pov *

I've been gone for almost a year, I can't say I've thought about home and everyone a lot.

I'm only thinking about this now because it's Thiago's birthday. I'm gonna miss his 19th birthday.

I contemplated getting in touch with Rafinha, but what will that do? At this point I'm pretty sure they are happy without me which is good.

I saw on some gossip magazine in a side store in London that Thiago had a rumoured new girlfriend.

The thing that stuck out to me was the fact that maybe Thiago wasn't thinking about me anymore. I mean sure I wasn't thinking about him as much and I have gone on a couple of dates here and there, but Thiago was always on my mind every single time.

No one compares to Thiago Alcantara.

I've been watching his games, the ones he actually plays in. He has a lot of competition for the position he plays in and seems to be fighting for playing time, but he has scored a goal or two.

I couldn't not admit that I was tempted to sneak back to Barcelona to see Thiago play.

Getting out of my bed, I grabbed my laptop from the desk nearby and started it up.

About ten minutes later I had purchased a ticket to Barcelona for April 28th to May 1st.

I didn't want to confront Thiago just yet, I knew seeing him from afar at his game would be enough.

First I needed to get tickets.. Where could I get tickets for good seats.

Sure, I could get them and get some crappy seats, but that would be no fun. I decided I would just have to pay a boatload of money for a seat.

Getting out of my bed and walking into the kitchen, I feel my phone go off in my hand.

Twitter notified me that Rafinha had tweeted something.

@rafinha : "Feliz Anniversario 🎉 te amo brother 👊🏻 @thiago6"

Seeing the tweet made me wish I was with Thiago in Barcelona right now. Being back in the famous Alcantara home where I had spent my most of my teenage years would make me so happy.

It's not the right choice though, Thiago needed to move on with his life and me holding him back wouldn't help.

It wouldn't hurt to see him though.

april 28th, 2010

Today was the day I came back home, I had just landed in Barcelona and I strolled through the airport with my suitcase and carry on bag.

When I stepped outside the Barcelona air hit my face, it was a different feeling than England. Sure, England was beautiful and I have learned to love it, but my heart will always be in Barcelona.

A cab pulls up to the curb and I hop in and tell him the address of the hotel I'm staying in.

After the quick ride I feel so incredibly tired from traveling so I stumble up to my room and right before I get to my door another opens.

A girl steps out of her hotel room, she looks scary familiar with her blonde hair and I can't place a name with her face. She walks past my door and smiles.

"Hola" she simply says to be kind and waves goodbye to me as she turns the corner and walks down another hallway.

Who is this girl?

I step inside my room and lay on my bed while thinking about it.

* 5 hours later *

I wake up and the question I fell asleep trying to think of an answer for is now clear.