chapter nineteen ; comeback

april 4th, 2015 * thiago's pov *

My comeback game was hopefully tonight and I've been out for almost a year. We were playing Borussia Dortmund at their stadium.

There was an hour and a half before the game started and the whole team was in the locker room getting ready.

Music was playing and everyone getting on their jerseys. Phillip leaned in towards my area since his stuff was next to mine, "You ready to play?"

I nodded my head at my captain and he smiled at me, "Gut!"

I cleaned up all the stuff around the area I had been given and walked out to go warm up. Conveniently Mario was walking out at the same time.

"Let's talk Thiago." He spoke up as we walked through the tunnel. I looked at him and nodded as if saying to go on with what he wants to say.

Mario scratched his head and mumbled a little bit before speaking up. "Well me and Bruna aren't like talking anymore."

I turned my face towards him now surprised with what he said. "Why?" I ask, "We are friends, but anyways she wants you, Thiago and I've been talking to AK again."

AK was Mario's previous girlfriend, her name was actually Ann-Kathrin, but everyone called her AK. They had broken up awhile back, but with this news now apparently they were getting back together.

"Listen Thiago, don't just let her go. Tell her you love her because she loves you. You are all that is ever on her mind and I know for a fact that she is the only thing on your mind."

Mario was correct in every way. I felt as if maybe life was giving me a second chance with her to make everything right.

Before I could respond, me and Mario were approaching the pitch. We jogged on to the field and before we separated I gave him a pat on the back. "Thank you Mario." I smiled and he returned it and nodded as he jogged away.

After warming up for a little less than thirty minutes, they called us in to talk. The pre game meeting lasted ten minutes and we went back out and the game was about to start.

I assumed my place on the bench with my other teammates, ready to cheer on the ones on the pitch.

The anthems are played and the captains and refs exchange handshakes before everyone gets in their place. The whistle is blown and the game starts.

After half time I was informed I was going to go in at some point. When the second half started it felt like the slowest game ever.

Fifteen minutes into the second half I was told to get up and get ready to go in. I warmed up on the sidelines and jogged a little bit before telling Pep I was ready.

I got to the ref that was supposed to sub me in and he put up Phillip's number on the board and mine next to his. He clapped as he walked off and hugged me before I went on.

The minute my foot crossed over the white line, there was cheers coming from the small amount of Bayern fans in the stadium.

I made my way towards the midfield and played for the next twenty nine minutes. It was exhilarating to be back on the field with the grass underneath my cleats.

The final whistle blew and the game was over. We won 1-0 and I was extremely pleased with my comeback game.

After shaking hands with all Borussia Dortmund players, I made my way towards the tunnel. Before exiting the pitch I looked up at the crowd behind our bench.

It was in seconds that I picked out her from the rest. She was wearing my jersey and when she realized I was staring she smiled widely.

I ran towards the exit and she ran out of the row she was sitting in. Once I got into the tunnel I stood near the door that let players, coaches, and all authorized people in.

I leaned against the opened door waiting for what seemed like eternity, but was only seconds.

Out from the crowd of fans came Bruna. I walked out of the doorway and into the crowd some what. We ran to each other like those people in the movies who reunite and run into each others arms.

When she got close enough I picked her up and kissed her. It was like nothing I've ever experienced before. I stopped kissing her and our foreheads were grazing each others.

"I'm so sorry for everything Bruna and I love you so mu-" I breathed out before she smiled, and kissed my lips again to shut me up.

She responded seconds later with exactly what I needed to hear. "I love you too stupid."

We both started laughing and I grabbed her hand, dragging her back through the door way to where fans weren't allowed.

The rest of the time in the stadium was a blur and I couldn't wait to get back to Munich to be with Bruna.

It was two in the morning when I got back to my apartment so I decided to wait till tomorrow to see her. I unlocked the door to my apartment and walked in, placing the bag I brought to Dortmund, down.

Looking up, I was startled by seeing Bruna sitting at my kitchen table with a smile on her face. "You didn't have to wait up for me" I smiled at her and she got up to come hug me.

Her small arms wrapped around my torso and embraced me. Bruna's head was up against my chest and I could feel her breath on my arms.

"Well I wanted to." She looked up at me, smirking.

Everything was finally going right for once and it felt amazing. Bruna and I getting back together and my comeback game all in one day was like a dream.

"Do you know how much I missed you?" I looked down at Bruna and she just laughed, "I bet not as much as I missed you."

***

A/N

So I decided I didn't want Mario to have a big part in this anymore really, I mean it's a Thiago fic so I gotta show him love although I love Mario soooo much.

The whole story will probably end in about five chapters 💔 I kind of have an idea for the end of it, but I'm not exactly sure yet!

Neymar's suspension thing is pissing me off so much and there is so much drama surrounding it! I don't understand why they would ban him for 4 games, that is just a little much. I mean he deserves maybe two in my opinion.

The USWNT is playing Monday alsooo, I'm so hype for it 😍

Anyways thankyou for the viewss & votes! Hope you all liked this update ❤️❤️