chapter two ; debut

* bruna's pov *

* Couple weeks after Thiago's birthday *

Thiago's supposal debut was today so I showed up at his house around four and knocked on the door. The door opened revealing Valeria Alcantara, the beautiful mother of Thiago and Rafinha.

"Bruna! You're here!" she hugs me so tightly and as she hugs me I can hear someone coming down the stairs.

"Mama, don't suffocate Bru" Thiago says to her as he reaches the bottom of the stairs and turns to look at me.

" I just miss my Bruna! I never see you anymore!" Valeria tells me.

" I know, I am so sorry. I have been studying for my finals and they are next week so soon you'll be seeing a lot more of me again after that." I smile at Valeria.

"Good, we could use you around here again. Someone who controls the boys!" she says and I laugh while Thiago rolls his eyes and laughs.

Me and Thiago walk into the kitchen and I sit down at the counter while Thiago looks for something in the living room.

"What are you doing Thi?" I ask curiously and he looks up at me and smirks.

"Oh nothing" he responds and keeps looking.

While I'm not paying attention he walks around to the other side of the counter and faces me. Thiago puts a bag down on the table and i look at him with confusion.

"Well go on, open it." he says with a smile and slides the bag across the counter towards me.

I open the bag up and inside is a jersey. I take the jersey out revealing a FC Barcelona jersey with his name and number on the back.

"Will you wear it today?" Thiago asks me after I put the jersey down on the counter.

"Of course I will, why wouldn't I?" I laugh with him and go in to the bathroom to throw the jersey on.

I come out of the bathroom and stare at him waiting for his response.

"You look great." he compliments me and looks down at the ground quickly, but then back to me.

"Well thank you" I twirl around showing him the back of the jersey which has his name and number on it.

* hours later *

The time has come, Thiago is coming in as a substitute in the 74th minute. Me and Valeria can not control our excitement for him and scream his name along with thousands of others at Camp Nou. The feeling when Thiago gets his first touch on the ball is overwhelming for me because I am watching his dream come true. I think about me and him ever being together maybe, but Thiago has so much to do with his dream and I would never want to get in the way of that.

I start to think about my dream and how I wanted to become a writer. I had probably been accepted to a university in England that could make my dream come true. The acceptance was something I had yet to tell Thiago about because I wasn't sure how to tell him I had to leave for some time.

The sound of a whistle made my thoughts come to a stop and bring me back to reality.

"We won!" Valeria exclaimed and clapped as the players walked off the field.

Me and Valeria made our way to the dressing rooms, but Valeria seemed tired and left saying she would see me soon. I was left waiting on Thiago to take me home or to his house. I decided to wait for Thiago at his car so I make my way towards the garage where the players park.

After about fifteen minutes, I am leaning up against Thiago's car when I see him making his way towards me with a huge grin on his face.

"Hello Mr. Professional Football Player." I say to him and he smirks at me, bringing me in for a hug. I close my eyes, my face resting against his sweatshirt and inhale the smell of freshly cleaned laundry.

"Thank you for coming tonight Bru. It means everything to me" he says as we both get into the car.

"You're welcome, it was truly amazing seeing you play." I say.

"Do you want to come over for awhile?"

I nod and get out of Thiago's car and we walk into his house together. The lights are all off and everyone must be asleep, so we quietly walk into the kitchen and I sit on his counter while he gets something to eat.

"Thiago" I say quietly.

"Hmm?" he says, but I can tell he isn't listening to me. I decide to ignore the news I want to tell him and wait for another time to do so.

Thiago finds his food and sits on his counter next to me and offers the bag of pretzels he had in his hands to me.

"No thanks Thi." I laugh and he quickly covers my mouth and shushes me because of how loud I am laughing, but ultimately we both end up laughing at eachother.

As we are laughing, I look at Thiago and start to think of how lucky I am to have him as my best friend. He's the most genuine person and just wants the best for everyone, no one could ever be half the person Thiago is. I mean, besides Rafinha because they are basically the same person. I'll miss the both of them so much when I leave.

"Come on Bru, let's watch a movie.." he says to me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

We go and sit down on the couch and I lay my head on his shoulder as we turn on the movie. His arm wraps around my shoulder and he smiles down at me then looks back at the movie. I think to myself about how i probably won't have many more times like this, but before I can think any more i fall asleep.

***

A/N

So I've been fixing everything because the lowercase looks crappy so yeah!