chapter fifteen ; life as we know it

august 22nd, 2014 * thiago's pov *

The golden rays of sun beaming into Bruna's small bedroom. I put my hand out for Bruna, but I end up hitting a space of nothing.

She wasn't lying next to me anymore. What if she left again? Before jumping to conclusions I hopped out of bed quickly and ran into the living room.

I spotted her in the kitchen singing to herself while making pancakes. She looked up at me with a concerned face, "Is everything alright..?"

"Yes, uh. Of course." I straighten up and sit on the counter next to where she is standing.

Bruna drops the pancakes onto the plate, putting the spatula down. She moves over towards me and is standing in front of me.

"Do you know how much I missed you?" She says as she traces my jawline with her fingers. "Hopefully a lot?" I joke around and her laughter fills the room.

Before I can think myself out of my idea, I kiss her and pull away quickly to see her reaction. Her face goes from surprised to shocked to confused in seconds.

"I've wanted to do that for awhile." I say waiting for a better reaction out of her. She stays silent for awhile as if she is thinking. "What about Layna."

"We broke up, Bruna. She is a great girl, but she does not compare to you and the way I feel about you." I get down off the counter and trap Bruna in my arms. "The poor girl is probably hurt."

"No she isn't Bru. It was a mutual breakup, we both agreed on it."

I just wanted to forget about that time and be with Bruna. Sure, Layna was a great girl and she was genuine. No one compared to Bruna though.

Before I could think any farther, Bruna wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly. "I can't imagine being with anyone else, but you." I state and Bruna seems to be surprised by this. The smile that appears on her face will be etched into my mind till I die.

Her answer is short, but clear. "Good" she stands up on her tiptoes and kisses my cheek before walking into her room.

She turns around when she reaches the doorway to her bedroom, "I forgot to tell you. Anna and Robert invited us to their house for dinner tonight."

"Again?" I laugh, "I'm surprised they haven't gotten sick of us already."

Bruna doesn't respond and goes into her room. While she's gone, I turn on my phone and scroll through Instagram. A photo of Rafinha passes by my screen.

When I see this, I immediately click out of Instagram and call my brother. Three rings go by and finally he picks up.

"Hola?" he says clearly dazed from a nap maybe. I laugh at my idiot brother, my loudness has probably made him more awake. "Brother, guess who's house I am at right now?"

Rafinha makes some stupid guesses like my friends, family, my own place. "All wrong, Rafa."

Clearly fed up, Rafinha sasses me "Who then?" He exclaims through the phone. "Bruna's." The line is quiet for awhile. "That's uh amazing Thiago."

"Why aren't you shocked?" My brothers behavior is strange after announcing my best friend is back after five years. Maybe it is due to the fact that he thinks I know he let her go.

"Rafa. I know you took her to the airport. It's fine, I understand you were just thinking for the best of her." A big sigh is released from the other side of the line. "Thank god that you reacted this way. I thought you were going to kill me."

I chuckle at Rafinha's remarks, "I would never, but I have to go bro. See you or talk to you soon." Me and Rafinha hang up at the same time.

I can hear the shower roar to life nearby so I creep over towards the bathroom. Ultimately I decide to wait and sit on her bed. Steam is rolling out of the crack between the door and floor.

Suddenly the water stops and outcomes Bruna in nothing, but a towel. "Uh what are you doing in here?" She makes me get up and pushes me out the door. "I'll be done in a second." I hear before she slams the door.

God. This girl was my best friend and sometimes I felt like I knew exactly who she was and other times I realize how five years apart can really change someone.

Minutes later, Bruna comes walking out fully dressed and ready to go. Or so I thought she was ready. She comes over to me on the couch and sits on top of me, facing me.

"Bru-" she shuts me up by kissing me hungrily. This isn't the Bruna I remember, as things start to get more heated her phone starts ringing.

Cleary annoyed, Bruna groans and lifts herself off of me and stomps her way back to her room to get her phone. I can hear her all the way from the couch.

"Hello.." she answers the unknown caller who interupted. "Yeah, yeah, we'll be there soon enough. We are in the car almost there." when she says this I jump up off the couch and rush around trying to get ready.

"Okay bye Anna." Quickly, Bruna hangs up the phone, "We have to go like now.."

We rush out the apartment building and take my car to Anna and Robert's. The short ride there is filled with me stealing glances at Bruna while she looks out the window at Munich.

My mind starts to wonder off into a million different places. I can't help, but question what is going on between me and Bruna. Sometimes we are more than a friendship, sometimes it's like all we are is childhood friends.

I wanted a definite answer and I was determined to get one.

"Are you gonna get out of the car?" Bruna's voice makes me realize we were already at the Lewandowski's and I wasn't even thinking while driving.

I get out of the driver's side and go around to open Bruna's door. She smiles at me the same way she had when we were young and filled with joy and no complications.

While we walk up to the door, Bruna intertwines her fingers mine then squeezes tightly. When Robert opens the door his eyes go wide at the sight of us holding hands.

"Well things move fast around here, huh?" He comments as he motions us to come in. Anna trots down the long hallway that was once gray and gloomy, but it now bright and golden.

"Don't bother them Robert, come on outside." Anna drags Robert with her to the door near
the backward while waving her hand at the two others to come with them.

***

A/N

I left it off on a weird spot, but I haven't updated in what feels like forever. Barça won the treble!💗💗💗 I'm so excited and proud of theeem! Thanks for the views and votes!❤️