Ch 21

I replied, "I'm sorry, it's just a bit overwhelming for me considering everything that has happened. I'm not sure if I'm ready to move beyond kissing."

"That's completely fine. I don't want to rush you into anything. I want you to feel comfortable and enjoy yourself. I'm not like him, I won't ever force you to do something you're not ready for. When you're ready to take things to the next level, we will. There's no rush," he reassured me, gently holding my hands and rubbing his thumb in a circular motion.

"So, does that mean you want to be with me, not just in a professional way?" I asked.

"Well, yeah. You're my girlfriend," he replied.

"Wait, when did this happen?" I asked, curious and surprised.

"When you said you wanted something serious I agreed and said I did too which means we are together I didn't agree just for me to say oh no I don't want to date you though. I said all those things because I want you to be mine forever."

I can't help but feel a rush of happiness and disbelief as he speaks those heartfelt words to me. The meaning behind his words resonates with me in a way I never imagined. It's incredible to think that someone as respected as him, someone who seems so unattainable, would take an interest in someone like me. I may not have the material possessions and fame that society values, but I come from humble beginnings and have faced my fair share of challenges. 

It's almost surreal that he chooses to love and accept me for who I am. Despite the constant pressure and hurtful comments about my appearance and weight, his unwavering acceptance and affection shine like a beacon of hope in a world filled with doubt and insecurity. His love transcends the superficial barriers that society tries to impose on us, reminding me that true connection and genuine affection have no limits or prerequisites. It's a beautiful contradiction that in a world full of judgments and stereotypes, his love breaks through, proving that love truly knows no boundaries.

I often struggle with feeling insecure about how I look. Hurtful comments about my body have made me doubt if anyone could truly love me for me. But then, I had a moment of clarity while sitting next to a man I worked closely with. He showed me genuine care and support during tough times, teaching me that real love goes beyond physical appearance. Despite my size or shape, he embraced me for who I am. His unwavering acceptance and undivided attention were like a breath of fresh air. It was the first time in a long while that I felt truly wanted and appreciated for who I am, without any judgment or shame. His kindness helped me realize that I am more than just my looks and that I deserve love and respect just as I am.

He was constantly by my side, providing unwavering care and support. When I attempted to confide in my mother, her indifference made me feel accountable for my own suffering. It felt as though I had somehow caused this pain upon myself. However, he never made me question myself or feel any guilt. His commitment made me feel valued and cherished, satisfying my desire for someone who genuinely comprehended me. Discovering such an extraordinary individual brought immense joy into my life. "Absolutely, I feel exactly the same," I responded with a sincere feeling of solace and delight.

"I never expected you to agree with me or want to be with me," I mentioned cautiously, a touch of vulnerability in my voice. His quick reassurance flooded me with relief when he replied, "Why would you think that? I definitely want to be with you," his tone brimming with genuine affection.

His words gave me a boost of confidence, but I still couldn't completely get rid of my insecurities. I confessed, "I have insecurities about a lot of things. Even though I'm becoming more confident each day, it doesn't mean I'm free from doubts." Even as I grew more sure of myself, the old doubts lingered in the back of my mind, a reminder of past wounds that hadn't healed completely.

I've always struggled with feeling insecure about my weight and constantly being told that I'm fat. It really makes me self-conscious. Society bombards us with these unrealistic beauty standards, which makes it hard to truly appreciate ourselves. All this criticism really takes a toll on my self-esteem, and I find myself internalizing these negative comments. I never thought you would be genuinely interested in me for anything other than sex," I responded. It's difficult for me to open up about my vulnerabilities and concerns, especially when I often feel like my worth is solely based on my physical appearance. It's disheartening to think that some people only see me on a surface level.

"I understand that this might not be the easiest topic for you, but I really want to get to know you on a deeper level. So, I have a question for you. I know you mentioned before that you were involved in some things with Britney and all that. I just want to know what happened, but if you're not ready to talk about it, that's totally fine. I just want to understand you better. I want you to know that I won't push you to share anything you're not comfortable with," he said holding my hand.