Ch 16

I can't believe this is happening to me. Can my life get any worse? I finally have a good job and a lovely apartment. I thought things would be good, but of course, things never happen the way I want. As I am sitting on the cold pavement outside, I just let the tears stream down my face. Things are just not looking up for me at all, and I want to crawl into a hole and die. I don't know how I can continue to do this. After a few minutes, a car pulls up the headlights flashing in my face. I covered my face from the light not wanting the person to see my face. I know I looked horrible because of all the crying. I bet my mascara is running down my face.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I glanced up and saw Alexander standing there, gazing at me. My stomach was filled with a fluttery sensation, like butterflies swirling around. He always has this effect on me, and I can't quite explain why.

"I'm really sorry for bothering you, but I didn't know who else to turn to."

He helped me up from the floor and then pulled me into a hug. I couldn't hold back my tears as I let out all the emotions I had been bottling up. In his embrace, I felt a sense of security that I hadn't felt in a long time.

Being held by him brought a sense of relief. Despite his sometimes harsh demeanor, I knew I was safe in his arms. It was strange reaching out to him for help with my problems.

My face was buried in his chest, tears flowing down my cheeks and soaking his shirt. He's gently rubbing my back, trying to comfort me, but I can't seem to calm down. This whole situation is something I never imagined would happen to me. Sure, I've had guys approach me and ask for my number, but nothing like this. Never have I been hurt like this before.

I keep thinking that with my size, I should have been able to defend myself. But he was just too strong for me.

I'm terrified of being alone in case he returns. He knows where I live, so what's stopping him from coming back and finishing what he started?

After a few minutes of crying on Alexander's shoulder, he led me to the passenger side of his car and opened the door.

"Get in," he said.

I hop into the car, knowing I'm secure. However, the sensation I'm experiencing isn't fading. I can't help but feel frightened. There's this tightness in my chest that just won't go away.

My heart feels like it's about to burst out of my chest. It's racing so fast, it's crazy. My hands are trembling with fear. I can't shake off this sense of terror and dread. It feels like it's stuck with me forever.

"I won't leave you alone tonight. I can see you're scared. Your expression says it all. I can't just leave you by yourself. Let's head to my place. I have extra guest rooms, so you can have one all to yourself. No need to worry. I'm truly sorry for whatever happened, and I don't expect you to explain right now. When you're ready, I want to hear your side so we can work through this together. I care about you, despite my behavior. You're part of my team, and I'm here to support you, no matter what. Do you want to talk about it now, or would you prefer to wait? Maybe discussing it while it's fresh in your mind could help if you decide to involve the police. But if not, that's okay too. Just describe him to me so I can take care of it."

At first, I stayed silent. As he started the car and began reversing out of the parking space, I sat there contemplating whether to bring it up now or if it was too overwhelming. I felt the urge to share what occurred, but my throat felt dry and it seemed like the words were stuck, making me hesitant and scared to involve the police. I lean back in my seat, mentally gearing up to discuss the incident.

Well, my friend introduced me to her cousin. Initially, I declined the offer, but she managed to convince me to give it a try. He suggested going to the club for our first date, and I didn't mind because I wanted to be in a crowded place in case anything went wrong. It felt more like a hangout than a formal date, but I agreed and we went to the club together. Everything seemed fine at first.

However, out of nowhere, he started getting a bit too touchy. I don't engage in any sexual activities on the first date or during hangouts, as it's not my thing. It made me uncomfortable, and then he asked if I wanted to go to the VIP room. He had mentioned that his friends would be there when we planned the date, so I thought it would be alright. I said yes, thinking he was a nice guy based on our previous conversations. But when we reached the VIP room, it was just the two of us, and his friends were nowhere to be found.

I asked him about his friends, questioning why they weren't there as he had promised. He assured me they were on their way, and I believed him. I didn't immediately think he was lying to me. Trying to ease the tension, I poured myself a glass of champagne and sat on the couch. That's when things took a turn for the worse.

He didn't take no for an answer. He forced himself on me, causing me pain. When he was about to go further, I mustered all my strength and kneed him as hard as I could before running away. That's when I called you. I know it was foolish of me to go on the date, but I wanted to put myself out there and start dating again," I explained, my voice trembling and stuttering.