Ch 6

"Have a great day. We will see you tomorrow," she replied.

"Yes, I will see you tomorrow."

Click

I go back to the application and I hit submit. I walk back into the office and I go up to the lady I was previously speaking to.

"I finished the application," I said to her.

"Ok great, we should hear back early tomorrow whether you are approved or denied."

My heart starts to beat fast thinking about being denied, but I have to be positive.

"Ok thank you so much," I said, reaching out and shaking her hand. She nodded her head and I walked away and out of the office. I got into my car and I screamed in excitement

I couldn't help but be happy since I might have a good-paying job and an apartment. As I was sitting in my apartment still high on excitement I thought of what to do in the meantime. Since it's only ten in the morning. I look at myself in the car mirror as I am looking at myself and realize there is a bruise forming on my face. I thought I needed to get makeup to hide the bruise on my face to make a good impression. I decided to drive to the nearest store to look for makeup. As I drive, I'm trying to figure out how to tell my mom I'm moving out; she hasn't been happy since my dad died; she hasn't been the same. She's always been mean, but she's gotten worse over the years. I usually ignore her, but I feel like I would be a bad daughter if I just secretly moved out. But also she wouldn't care if I moved because she barely cares about me. I am in this weird situation. Do I tell my mom I'm moving out or do I just leave and never come back? Well, we shall see what I choose.

I pulled up to Ulta because it was the closest store to me. I walk into the store, trying to figure out what I need. First things first was the foundation. I needed full coverage since the bruise would get worse over time. The next thing to pick up is concealer. I already have eyeshadows, so all I need are foundation and concealer. Once I found my shade in concealer and foundation, I left to pick out my outfit. I can't believe all of this is happening. I will finally be happy as long as everything goes well tomorrow. I know, God's got my back, but I'm still anxious, honestly. I've been a waitress for so long that I don't know if I could do anything else. I know, I have the education, but I don't want to fail.

I'm not sure if I'll have a safety net to rely on once my mom discovers I'm moving out and won't allow me back in the house. But I'm willing to take that chance because my mental health comes first. When I arrived home, my mom's car was nowhere to be seen. I noticed a note on the table from her saying, "I'll be back tomorrow." It was typical of her to leave notes instead of talking to me directly. I understand she's still grieving my father's passing, but I need support too. It's like she feels like she's the only one who lost him. Frustrated, I crumple the note and toss it in the trash. I head to my room, sift through my clothes, and pick out something suitable for the interview.

I wanted something that would make me look nice and not fat. I know, I'm not six hundred pounds, but everyone makes me feel as if I am. I am two hundred and thirty pounds, and I'm five-eight, which is pretty tall. I don't want to be made fun of. I laid out a business outfit that made me look good and hid my insecurities. I laid out my outfit and relaxed for the rest of the day. I am nervous about the whole interview. I just want some time to myself to clear my mind. I drift off to sleep thinking about the interview.

I woke up to my phone ringing on my nightstand. I reach over to grab my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Aaliyah?"

"This is her."

"I just wanted to inform you that you qualify for the one-bedroom apartment."

I nearly dropped the phone. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I knew my credit was good, so I wasn't worried. I'm simply surprised I'm having such good luck because nothing usually goes my way.

"Thank you so much. When can I move in?" I asked, trying to hold back my excitement.

"You can move as soon as you bring in the first month and deposit. That will only be around two thousand. We are running a deal for the first six months. The rent for the first six months will be discounted to just fourteen hundred." "Can I bring it tomorrow, by any chance?" I asked immediately.

"You don't need to worry. By putting down a deposit, you secure the apartment and prevent anyone else from taking it, but since I know you are serious, there is no need for you to bring a deposit in today. I will hold the apartment for you," she chuckled at my quick reply. My eyes widened in disbelief as she agreed to hold the apartment for me without a deposit. I feel incredibly fortunate.

"Ok, thank you. I will be there tomorrow morning with the money."

I made some lunch and then started getting ready for the interview. I am giving myself a pep talk because I can't lie and say I am not nervous. I got my clothes on and then started doing my makeup. I had to make sure I had enough to cover the bruise; I didn't want them to think I had an abusive boyfriend or something. I did a no-makeup look, to hide the bruise and add a little color.