Ch 4

"It's about fucking time that you came and took my order. What is wrong with you people? Can't you do anything right? "How hard is it to come over and take an order?" he asked, glaring at me. My smile slowly disappeared with every word. I didn't think that the first customer I encountered would be rude.

"I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Can I get you guys started with a drink?" I asked after clearing my throat trying to compose myself. I have never been talked to like this. I looked at him and then at his two friends, who were also good-looking and waiting for a response. "Excuse my friend, we will all have sprites, please," he said, smiling at me." Of course, I will get that for you guys," I responded, walking away."

I can't believe this guy, he's such an asshole. I am doing my best. I legit just got to work. I hurry up, grab their drinks, and bring them to their table. "Here, you guys are three sprites. Are you guys ready to order?", I asked but right as they were going to respond they were interrupted by Shyla.

"Aaliyah, can you come to the bar, please?" Shyla yells. "I'm so sorry. "I will be right back," I said, ignoring the glares I was getting from Mr. Grumpy. I walked over to the bar to see what was going on. "What's up, Shyla?" I asked. She pulls me to the side of the bar where there is no one present and says, "This guy won't leave. Can you please do something? You are the only one that's good at kicking people out". "Yeah of course," I said while feeling butterflies in my stomach. I always get nervous when I kick someone out because I don't know how they are going to react.

"Hey, sir, it's time for you to leave, please," I said, trying to grab his drink from him. Before I could do it, he threw the bottle on the ground, spilling and breaking it, leaving glass everywhere. I bend over to try and pick it up before anyone gets hurt. As I am bent over, the guy grabs my ass.

"What the fuck? Don't touch me like that," I said, slapping the guy in the face. "Don't put your fucking hands on me, you stupid bitch," he said, backhanding me. I fell on the floor on the glass. "You need to leave now, or I'm calling the police," Shyla yelled at him. I look down at the floor with tears starting to form. I didn't know what to do. My hands were shaking as I was trying to take the glass out of my arm.

Alexander

"Do you see what's going over there?" Johnathan asked. "No, what happened?" I responded. "That drunk guy is yelling at Aaliyah?" he responded. I looked over, and I saw the guy grab Aaliyah's ass. I was going to get up and help her, but she slapped him across the face. I was surprised she didn't seem like the type to be violent. "What the fuck? He just slapped her, Alex." I was so in my thoughts that I wasn't paying attention. I get out of my seat and walk over to the bar. When I get to the bar, I look at Aaliyah, and she's bleeding, and I immediately get pissed.

I turned and looked at the man and said, "If you don't leave, I will beat the shit out of you in front of everyone," I said as I am moving slowly toward the guy. "I would like to see you try," he responded. A smile formed on my face; this is the first time I've been challenged. I grabbed him by the neck and started to choke him. As he's trying to claw at my hands, I'm smiling. I don't get challenged a lot.

"Let go of him. I think you've made your point," Aaliyah yelled at me. I did what she told me to do before whispering in his ear, "If you ever come near her again, consider yourself dead." After I let him go, he ran out of the restaurant like a scared cat. "Thank you, sir. I appreciate you sticking up for me," she said. But I didn't respond to her. I just turned around and went back to my table.

Aaliyah

I can't believe he choked this guy for me. The guy did indeed deserve it. After that, I didn't know what to say, so I thanked him for helping me, and he just walked away. If he was going to act like that, he should have stayed at his table. "Sweetheart, go get cleaned up and go home. I'm so sorry for everything. Take tomorrow off, too. I want you to focus on yourself. Your mental health matters to me," Shyla said to me while hugging me. "What about my table?" "I asked, "I'll take care of it." You go, ok," she said, ushering me away. I went to the bathroom to assess the damage. I had a few cuts and scratches but nothing too bad. I stopped the bleeding and put bandages on my cuts. After that, I went into the back room and grabbed my stuff. Tears were starting to form in my eyes. He attacked me unexpectedly, even though I didn't do anything to provoke him. I went up to him nicely, and he was the one that caused a huge scene. I walk out of the restaurant with my keys in my hand. I got into my car, and I broke down. The tears flowed down my face, and I just laid my head on the steering wheel. After a few minutes, I drove off.

I park my car and walk into the house, hoping my mom is at work. But nope, she is sitting on the couch watching TV. "What happened to your arms and your face, Aaliyah?" she asked, running over to me. "This guy attacked me at work," I responded dryly.