Ch 14

I chatted with everyone. It felt amazing to finally be acknowledged and listened to. I guess Britney had some sort of influence over everyone because they all paid attention to her and her words. Maybe it was because of my skin color or something else, but she definitely didn't like me. So she made it her mission to turn everyone against me and treat me horribly.

That's why nobody talked to me before. But today was different, everything went smoothly and I'm glad I don't have to spend my lunch breaks alone in my office anymore. Now everyone wants to talk to me. I even went out for lunch with some of my coworkers and it was going really well. Then, out of the blue, I received a message from an unknown number on my phone.

"Hey, is this Aaliyah?"

"Yes, who's this?"

"It's Brian. I'm Shyla's cousin. She mentioned me to you, right?"

"Oh, yeah, she did. What time were you thinking of going on a date?"

He responded, "I think around sevenish would be good. If you're okay with it, I'd like to go to a club. Some of my friends will be there too, so we can make it like a casual hangout or a date."

"Oh, sure, that sounds cool."

I actually like the idea of having a group setting for a first date because it won't be just the two of us.

"Yeah, we'll spend some time together alone at first, and then we'll join them in the private room."

"Yeah, Sounds good"

"Ok, I'll see you at seven and probably pick you up around 6:45 or something so that we can get there around sevenish"

"OK sounds good"

Finally, I have the chance to go on a date! It's my first time ever going on one, so I'm really excited. After finishing my work, it's time to head home. Today, I didn't talk to Alexander at all because of everything that happened.

I really don't want anyone to think that I had any involvement in Britney getting fired. Nor do I want people to speculate about something going on between Alexander and me, because I hate drama. All I want is to focus on my job and go home peacefully.

To avoid getting caught up in everything, I decided to keep my distance from him. I rushed home to get ready, needing to shower and fix my hair. Since my hair is in braids, I don't have to do much, but I do want to tidy up my edges and make sure my braids look nice.

It's already around five pm, so I need to hurry up to be able to style my hair and apply makeup. After jumping in the shower and washing up, I receive a text message from Brian.

"Hey, what's your address? I just want to make sure I have enough time to get there. I'm not sure where you live exactly, so I don't know how long it will take me to reach your place. If you could send me the address now, that would be great."

I promptly send him my address.

"Thanks 😊"

I quickly apply lotion to my body, followed by oil and perfume. Once I finish, I slip into my clothes. Today, I'm wearing a stylish black dress that hugs my curves perfectly, paired with gold accessories. I can't help but feel confident in this outfit, it looks amazing on me. My hair is styled in a half-up half-down look, and my makeup is natural yet enhances my beauty.

It's almost 6:40 now, and I have a few minutes before he arrives at my house. I grab my small purse and make sure to pack all my essentials - my wallet, lip gloss, and more.

Suddenly, I hear a knock on my door. I eagerly open it.

"Hey beautiful, I'm Brian."

I checked him out. He's really good-looking. It's hard to believe that he's into me.

"Hi, I'm Aaliyah. Nice to meet you."

"Ready to head out?"

"Yeah, just need to lock up."

I step out of the apartment, shut the door, lock it, and he motions for me to walk ahead.

"You're stunning, you know that?"

"Thanks a lot"

"No problem at all"

We approach his car, a sleek all-black Mercedes Benz.

He holds the door open for me, and I slide in as he makes his way to the driver's side.

"Why did you agree to go out with me?" I inquire with curiosity.

"Well, I was chilling with Shyla and she was scrolling through her phone, checking out her photos. Then, I stumbled upon a picture of you and her. I couldn't help but ask, 'Hey, who's that?' And she goes, 'Oh, this is my bestie, Aaliyah. You haven't met her yet.' And when I saw you, I was blown away by your beauty. So, I figured, why not take a chance and ask you out? I asked Shyla to talk to you about it, and to my surprise, she actually did. I'm really glad you agreed to go on a date with me, even without knowing how I look."

"Well, she definitely hyped you up. She said you're not ugly and that you're a genuinely nice person. So, I thought, why not give it a shot? You never know when you might stumble upon the love of your life. You never know how things will turn out."

"Yeah, that's right. So, did I pass the test? Do I meet the good-looking criteria?"

I chuckle, admiring the beauty in front of me, sitting beside me in the car. His face is like a work of art, perfectly sculpted. I've never seen a man look this good. Well, except for Alexander, obviously. But anyway.

"Absolutely, you're very good-looking. No complaints here."

"Great"

As we approach the club, I start feeling a bit nervous. I've never been to a club before; I was always focused on school during college. I never really tried anything new.