Chapter 28

Aaidah:

After our last encounter Aaran is not stopping teasing me. He tease me with every chance he gets by telling me that I was drooling over him. I mean yeah that's true but he don't have to say it again and again. Right now I'm sulking cause he is teasing me again and smirking at me.

“Don't you have work to do?” I asked him and he shook his head negatively. “Teasing you is more important.” I took the cushion from the couch and threw it at him. “Why are you torturing the poor cushion?” He said while caressing the cushion as if it's a person. “It's not the cushion's fault that you were drooling over me.” I huffed in annoyance, glaring at him.

I stood up from the couch to leave from the room. “Oof Aaidah Sheikh can't bear ny teasing anymore so she is leaving.” I turned around to glare at him again. Instead of backing off, he is sheepishly smiling at me. “I can't bear your presence that's why I'm leaving.” Of course I lied. “Sure. I understand.” He snickered! He is again making fun of me.

I left from our room and went to Huriya's room. I sat on her bed. Once again sulking over the fact that Aaran is teasing me again and again. Huriya asked me what happened so I told her everything though now my cheeks are burning up in embarrassment. “So what? He is your husband. You have every right to drool over him.” I thought she would laugh at me but she is giving me another reaction and motivating me.

“Right. Why didn’t I say this to him?” This time Huriya started laughing so I looked at her confused. “Because someone is madly in love with her husband which is why she can't think straight.” She teased me so I glared at her. Both cousins are same! They will obviously tease. I guess teasing runs in their blood.

“Why did you came out from the room? This is your chance to get close to him. Instead of ignoring you, he is teasing you. You didn’t even had to do anything.” It's like someone just poured a bucket of cold water on me. Ya Allah what did I do? I should have stayed in the room and talk to him more. At least fighting with him would be nice too rather than ignoring each other.

Huriya is glaring at me. I mean I deserve that for being so stupid. “You need to control your anger issues if you want to make him head over heels for you.
” Huriya said calmly so I nodded my head. “Did you talk to him regarding the messages you are getting from that unknown number?” I shook my head negatively. “Then what are you waiting for? Go and talk to him about it. You shouldn’t delay in this matter. You already got hurt once.” Huriya is right. Last time I got hurt but what if my family gets hurt this time? I can't let that happen.

I said bye to Huriya then came back to our room only to see that Naida in our room. A file is in her hand as she stood in front of Aaran who is sitting on the bed. They are probably talking about business. But couldn’t they do it downstairs? Why Naida had to come to our room? “Aaran can't we meet outside?” What? Why would she meet with Aaran outside? They can talk at home or at office.

“After how many rejections you will stop being like this?” Aaran asked back in an irritated tone. He looked up from the papers. After he noticed me, he kept staring at me. This made Naida look at me too. “Our work is done so you can leave. My wife is here so I need you to leave from our room.” I'm shocked at what Aaran said but yet I kept my face blank. I will never let outsiders know about our actual relation. They will always know that we are a happily married couple.

Naida left but I saw tears in her eyes. I feel bad cause I know how it feels to be in one sided love. But I can't do anything. She should stay away from Aaran since she knows he is a married man now. I went inside and locked the door. “Don't think about anything else. I said that to make her leave. She was getting on my nerves.” I smiled while looking at him. “You told me not to expect anything from you which I still remember.”